We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Margarita Island or Roatan?

Fenelon Falls...
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Margarita Island or Roatan?

family of 4 (40,38,15 &12)....half of the family wants to go to Roatan (Honduras), half to Margarita Island. Trying to get some pro's and con's for both, so we can all make a decision?

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Margarita Island or Roatan?

Rotan is beautiful with great beaches. Haven't been to Margarita Island yet so can't speak to that.

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,152 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Margarita Island or Roatan?

I'm a Canadian who has lived in Margarita Island for more than 20 years. I love it.

We are located near one of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean, Playa El Agua. Have a look at http://www.playaelagua.info/ for more info. Also the weather is guaranteed perfect here. Over 90% sunny days per year. .

We have a B&B near the beach & have had many Canadian guests all of whom have loved it here.

I've never been to Honduras so I can't compare the 2 places.

Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Margarita Island or Roatan?

I've been to both and would always choose Roatan over Margarita Island. The West Bay beach in Roatan is absolutely beautiful and the snorkelling right from shore is fantastic. Also, English is widely spoken so you get less of the language barrier to dela with.

Margarita is an excellent value and very enjoyable but I prefer Roatan.

4. Re: Margarita Island or Roatan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2012, 11:16