We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to travel through Venezuela?

Pittsburgh...
2 posts
Save Topic
Best way to travel through Venezuela?

I have a flight to Aruba August 13th- 25th but I plan on booking another flight to Venezuela and spending my time there. From what I saw, I can only fly into Valencia or Caracas from Aruba. My top priority is seeing Salto Angel and would like to see the Amazon as well. My question is what are my options for getting from Caracas (or Valencia) to Ciudad Bolivar and from Ciudad Bolivar to Puerto Ayacucho and then back to Caracas? It seems like a night bus would be the cheapest and most convenient but how safe are they and are there buses between each city I would like to visit?

Also if you have any advice on any good tours/guides to Salto Angel and the Amazon I would appreciate it!

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to travel through Venezuela?

All our guests use Magic Tours to arrange their Canaima trips. They also will arrange connections from Caracas.

www.islamargarita.com/magic-tours-english.htm

My best suggestion is fly to Ciudad Bolivar - safer & much quicker.

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to travel through Venezuela?

As PlayaElAgua said-if you fly into Caracas there will be a lot of flights to Ciudad Bolivar and if you purchase your flight upon arrival it will be rather inexpensive.

There is also bus service but flying would be the prefered means.

If you do take the bus be sure to wear warm clothes and possibly even bring a blanket as most of the time they keep the buses freezing cold!!!

Pittsburgh...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to travel through Venezuela?

Thanks for your responses!

I researched flight from Aruba straight to Ciudad Bolivar but I cant seem to find any. I guess flying into Caracas and on to Ciudad Bolivar from there

Pamplona
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to travel through Venezuela?

Buses are cheap. There are buses from Caracas to Ciudad Bolivar. It is safety. Just take some warm clothes with you for traveling at night. Buses are very comfortable, roads are very good.

lagos,nigeria
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to travel through Venezuela?

pls am suppose to have travel to venezuela since november last year$the visa is to expire this year november can i still come down for my holiday on july..

lagos,nigeria
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to travel through Venezuela?

am mukaila atanda travelling to venezuella.

7. Re: Best way to travel through Venezuela?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 06:40