We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Visa

Costa Mesa...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tourist Visa

Im reading some of the frustration in these posts about people trying to get an extension on their tourist visas in Venezuela.

I was able to extend my visa in margarita and on the mainland.

Check out my blog; this is how i did it

http://bit.ly/SD4mtE

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist Visa

Getting a tourist visa extension is really quite easy.

The SAIME, (immigration) under the direction of Dante Rivas, has changed hugely for the better in the last few years (one of the few improvements made for the people by the Chavez government)

Going into any of the many SAIME offices country wide will most times get you an extension of your tourist visa while you wait or at least by the following day.

The issuing of passports has also improved in the last 5 years.

Edited: 08 November 2012, 01:13
Costa Mesa...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist Visa

yes that is true. i should have been more clear by stating that i entered the country on a 1 way ticket. while i was at SAIME they told me that i must show proof that I was planning on leaving the country by a certain time (meaning proof of a plane ticket)

that, i did not have :)

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist Visa

The ticket showing your exit from the country is a requirement in a lot of countries.

Costa Mesa...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist Visa

i feel like im talking to a computerized auto-responder. again, you hit the nail on the head. i should have been more clear that this post was for travelers who dont give a fcuk and just want to get out and explore the world.

FOR THOSE WHO ARE STUCK ON THE ISLAND READ THE POST.

for everyone else, plan your trip accordingly to prevent spice being added to your life.

Costa Mesa...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourist Visa

but nevertheless, i appreciate your feedback and input

6. Re: Tourist Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2013, 10:16