We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tour operators

Richmond, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
tour operators

We are considering a holiday to Venezuela spring 2014 and wonder whether anyone could recommend a good local travel agent . We find this usually works out a lot cheaper than a UK based agent and they also have more in-depth knowledge of the country.

We would be looking for a holiday combining wildlife and then relaxation at the end. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

p.s Husband is a keen birder.

Mentioned in this post
Venezuela
Venezuela
South America
Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tour operators

I own a guesthouse on Margarita island and many of my guests have used Osprey Expeditions of Venezuela and have had nothing but excellent comments about thier tours and service.

You can contact Ben Rodriguez there.

http://www.ospreyvenezuela.com

Mentioned in this post
Margarita Island
Margarita Island
Coastal Islands, Venezuela
Venezuela
Venezuela
South America
2. Re: tour operators

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2013, 12:00
Richmond, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tour operators

Thanks for the info., most useful

Richmond, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tour operators

Thanks for info. We will be travelling in Feb 2014, but will be organising the visit in mid-2013 and will contact you then with our requirements

Thanks

John

5. Re: tour operators

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2013, 12:00
London
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: tour operators

Hi I can also recommend Osprey Expeditions..

Although I have not yet been on my trip (am leaving in Feb), Ben Rodriguez has been helping me and my friends plan the tours and flights (he can get great discounts). We have changed our plans several times over the course of a month of planning and he has been really patient and helpful.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
7 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tour operators

Ben Rodriguez planned Angel Falls for me in Oct. 2012 and I could not be happier with his service. Even though he organized the actual guides to meet me, his professionalism was with them all the way. Don't waste any more time searching, just go with Ben. Veronica met me at the airport every time I arrived and delivered me back every time flawlessly. Osprey Expeditions is Ben's company. He is great for solo travelers worrying about navigating Venezuela on your own. His presence was there whether or not he was in person. Very happy traveler here!

Mentioned in this post
Angel Falls
Angel Falls
616 Reviews
Canaima National Park, Venezuela
Venezuela
Venezuela
South America
London
Level Contributor
138 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tour operators

hi everyone..I see above Osprey expeditions receive good reviews but I have tried to mail them 4 times without getting a reply...Is this really a serious company?

I hope to be traveling Venezuela for a month Janaury 2014 and would need some help to find a good serios tour operator-ish company to help out with quite a few things -Any help highly appreciated

Mentioned in this post
Venezuela
Venezuela
South America
Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tour operators

Awol-

I have had guests use Osprey Expeditions many times and nothing but serious, attentive service.

Perhaps you can try Ben Rodriguezs´ personal e-mail: "Benjamin Rodriguez" <ben@ospreyexpeditions.com>,

London
Level Contributor
138 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tour operators

Got hold of him/them finally...Thanks for your help