We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety and other things

Caribbean
7 posts
Save Topic
Safety and other things

Hello : Does any one know the area where The British Council school is located in Caracas ? the address is given as Avenida Santa Lucia, Caracas, Venezuela . i would like to know your thoughts on the safety of the area , if there are conveniences such as supermarket hospital etc located close by also if any one knows of reasonable accommodation in the area and any other info you think would be useful , like the current exchange rate for US dollar to bolivar fuerte . Thanks very much .

Edited: 17 May 2013, 18:16
Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety and other things

There is a frequent contributor here that goes by the moniker of ''Nelven'' Send him a private message and I am sure he will have answers for you.

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety and other things

The British Council is on the 3rd Floor of Torre Credicard on Avenida Principal de El Bosque with Avenida Santa Lucia in Chacaito. I have been there a few times, you can get a good cup of English tea there! They have a parking garage under the building if arriving by car, or you have the Chacaito metro station very close also. There are lots of mini markets, shops and restaurants in the surrounding area, and also the Sabana Grande Boulevard. There is a Central Madeirense supermarket very close to the building.

It is fine to stroll around that area by day, it is a busy area of the city. As anywhere in Caracas at night, take a cab if going out.

3. Re: Safety and other things

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Venezuela