We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Santa Elena de Uairén to Manus, Brazil

New Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Santa Elena de Uairén to Manus, Brazil

There is a bus from Santa Elena de Uairén to Manus, Brazil, via Boa Vista. But it seems very few people actually take this ride, or even talk about it. It is a long ride. But is this route safe to do? Has anyone taken this bus recently? Thanks.

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Santa Elena de Uairén to Manus, Brazil

Hi! The route is safe, but actually very few people take this ride.. Did you take it?.. How was your experience?

New Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Santa Elena de Uairén to Manus, Brazil

I am asking people who took this route to share their experience, because I am thinking about taking it.

Do you know the bus schedule?

You said the route is safe. It is because you took it recently or you know people taking it?

You also said very few people take it. You mean few travelers? Or the locals are not taking it, thus buses are usually empty?

Is there a better way to reach Manaus from Santa Elena?

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Santa Elena de Uairén to Manus, Brazil

Just talked to a friend yesterday who took this exact bus ride and said the service was excellent on very modern, comfortable buses with stewardesses (or whatever you would call them ).

Can't help you with schedules tho.

He said the bus was full.

New Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Santa Elena de Uairén to Manus, Brazil

Hi info_posadamargarita, It is so kind of you asking around. The information is very helpful. Did your friend take the ride recently? Does he remember roughly when the bus leave Santa Elena and when to reach Manaus? Morning, afternoon, midnight? A bus change in Boa Vista? I want to know which day I need a bed in where. Thanks a lot.

Edited: 02 October 2013, 04:35
Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Santa Elena de Uairén to Manus, Brazil

Goaroundguy,

Found this post here about the bus from Manaus to Pacaraima (20 km from Santa Elena) tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294324-i2023-k464…

-it is reverse of what you want to do but should help. Meantime I will check with my friend who did the trip recently for more up to date into.

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Santa Elena de Uairén to Manus, Brazil

Goaroundguy-here is the web site for the Brailian bus company that covers the route from Pacaraima to Manaus:

https://www.eucatur.com.br/#

Its in Portuguese but you should be able to figure it out

New Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Santa Elena de Uairén to Manus, Brazil

info_posadamargarita, Thanks a lot for the info. I managed to figure out the schedules for Eucatur bus. To go this way, I have heard that you have to take a taxi from Santa Elena to go through the border controls and reach Pacaraima. Then take Eucatur bus. But I thought there is a bus going from Santa Elena all the way to Manaus. Actually that bus starts from Puerto La Cruz. It would be nice to take this one, since it would be less complicated and more importantly, safer. I was wondering if you friend did this way or the taxi to bus way.

Edited: 04 October 2013, 04:34
Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from Santa Elena de Uairén to Manus, Brazil

From Puerto la Cruz to Santa Elena you pass through some incredible scenery (la Gran Sabana) so if you do the through bus (a very long ride) try to travel the last section in Ven. in daylight hours so as not to miss the scenery!!

Or better yet, break your trip up and spend a day or two in Santa Elena and check out the surrounding area-its beautiful!!!

Edited: 04 October 2013, 15:23
9. Re: Bus from Santa Elena de Uairén to Manus, Brazil

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 05:16