We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how many dollars should I bring?

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
how many dollars should I bring?

I realise that budgets vary hugely from person to person, but could anyone give me a vague idea of the per day rate in dollars I should bring for a probably 2 week trip to the north west coast of Venezuela? I will be travelling between the cities by bus and looking to stay in fairly cheap (but safe) accommodation. In Colombia I tend to spend around 10 dollars maximum on food per day (I don't know if prices are remotely similar for food or not though).

Also, 1USD = 6288 BSF on the official rate. Everyone says take care not to get ripped off when changing on the black market - what should I be hoping to get per dollar?

Many thanks in advance

Emma

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how many dollars should I bring?

US$1 at the official tourist rate is Bs.11,36

US$1 at the unofficial rate is Bs.70+ to US$1

You should plan on around US$50 to $70 per day.

That will give you around Bs.3.500 to Bs.5.000 per day which should cover buses, accommodations, food & extras.

There are always extras.

Then you should double that amount for emergencies.

So for 14 days bring US$1400 in US$ cash.

With that you shouldn't have to worry & if there is money left over you can change it back to £s or save it for your next trip..

Edited: 14 February 2014, 20:06
Renton, Washington
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: how many dollars should I bring?

one dollar get 60 bolivars

dolartoday.com

3. Re: how many dollars should I bring?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2015, 06:16