We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter vacation, Margarita

Chaguanas, Trinidad
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Easter vacation, Margarita

Hi, I am going on a shopping vacation to Margarita with my family for the Easter weekend, but I was advised not to go because of the protests taking place in Venezuela. I just wanted to know if Margarita Island is affected by all of this. Seeing as this is my first time going, I was wondering what my options should be at this time.

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter vacation, Margarita

Margarita Island is fairly quiet.

There have been some road blockages & a few marches but there are always ways around.

We've had foreign guests here at our B&B over the last few weeks & they've encountered no problems.

As for a shopping trip I would suspect that you might find little selection due to the merchants not being able to get enough $$ to restock.

Chaguanas, Trinidad
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter vacation, Margarita

ok, thank you well we may just have to rely on the vacation part of our trip

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter vacation, Margarita

According to my girlfriend who lives on Margarita, there are sporadic road blockages, which occasionally flare up with acute intensity, but most of the time it is fairly subdued. At the worst, you would have to take a different road around the occasional guarimbas to get to your destination. The shopping mall in Pampatar has been the site where the road is occasionally blocked.

4. Re: Easter vacation, Margarita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 07:16