We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety in Paradise - Air New Zealand

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
512 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Safety in Paradise - Air New Zealand

Air New Zealand's latest safety video "Safety in Paradise" filmed in the Cook Islands was posted to youtube today. It's a great video, my fav part is at 1:33-1:37 - the guys on the boat are so cheeky! Haha!

Check it out!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SQDip9V49U0

If the link doesn't work, just search "safety in paradise" on YouTube.com. There's also a "making of" video too.

Exactly 2 more dreadful months of winter for us until we leave for the beautiful Cook Islands!! It's all that's keeping me going right now! Lol! Make the snow stop!!!!!

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,316 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety in Paradise - Air New Zealand

Hi chaboey,

This video is so beautiful, thank-you for posting the link. Great to see local celebs included.

I'm sure the 2 month wait will all be worth it for you. Kia manuia.

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety in Paradise - Air New Zealand

HI chaboey, it's a great video but unfortunately it doesn't mention that almost the entire video was shot on Aitutaki. So unless people make it over to Aitutaki they won't see many of the beautiful spots shown. But we are used to that here. Many of the promotional pictures used to promote the Cook Islands are shot on the Aitutaki lagoon but are usually not identified as so. If it get's more people to come to the Cooks that's great.

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
209 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety in Paradise - Air New Zealand

If you watch until the very end in the credits they reveal 'filmed in Aitutaki, Cook Islands' (easily missed)

ANZ has come up with some of the most inventive and entertaining safety videos over the years!

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety in Paradise - Air New Zealand

Another great safety video from Air NZ.

Like you, chaboey, we too are counting down the months.

I don't know whether I should thank you for posting the link it's just making the waiting even harder.

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safety in Paradise - Air New Zealand

I stand corrected r10th. You're correct it's easily missed.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,820 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safety in Paradise - Air New Zealand

It's just as well that AirNZ make it clear that their safety video is filmed in Aitutaki.

Otherwise they should, perhaps, be warning their customers about safety around dogs in Rarotonga.

7. Re: Safety in Paradise - Air New Zealand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 07:18