We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive resorts

Bathurst, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
All inclusive resorts

Hi

I was after suggestions for all inclusive resorts for my honeymoon They seem to be hard to find or just don't exist.

Thank

Hayden

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive resorts

Kia Orana Hayden, welcome to the forum. 'All inclusive' means different things to different people. Check out the following web links for Rarotonga and Aitutaki:

Rarotonga:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g309713-zff8-Rarotong…

Aitutaki:

tripadvisor.com/HotelsList-Aitutaki-Beach-Re…

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,144 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive resorts

Kia Orana Hayden, welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your forthcoming honeymoon.

The Cook Islands doesn't offer all inclusive, as do some resorts in other countries. While you may find breakfast included in your accommodation rate, additional meal-plans are not usually part of the Cook Islands experience. The reason being that our resorts are close to alternative dining options. It's relatively easy to get from one place or restaurant to another - especially on Rarotonga with its bigger population and greater number of dining establishments. Several resorts in the Cook Islands have onsite dining, including island night and floorshows as a regular feature.

I do hope not having an all inclusive arrangement will not deter you from looking at the Cook Islands as a suitable destination. All the best with your plans.

Kia manuia.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,783 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive resorts

Hi Hayden

I agree with Frangi08 that you really wouldn't want an all inclusive on Rarotonga as everything is so easy to get to and it's great to try the different cafes and restaurants. Many places will, however, include breakfast in the tariff.

I'm unsure what you mean by 'all inclusive'. Do you mean accommodation and food, or accommodation, food and alcohol?

You'll find a number of places in Fiji that are inclusive of accommodation and food, mainly because it's not an option to find anywhere other than the resort to eat. There are many others that offer a meal plan so you can pay in advance for your meals. There are only a couple, I think, that offer totally inclusive. So, if you are interested in those options then I'd ask on the Fij forum.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive resorts

When you visit Raro, you'll find that you are sort of "integrated" into the island, culture and people (if you allow your self to be). You just don't stay all day and night where you are "living". You will get out and about and explore and find places to eat, things to do and you will understand why there is no need for AI. Chuck.

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive resorts

HI Hayden, I have contacted the managers of the resorts on Aitutaki and they were all happy to put together an all inclusive package for you. Their names and e-mail addresses are below. They encourage you to contact them directly.

Pacific Resort - Greg Williams resortmanager.aitutaki@pacificresort.com

Tamanu Beach Resort - Greg Ewen gm@tamanubeach.com

Aitutaki Lagoon Resort and Spa - Rose Kareroa resort.manager@aitutakilagoonresort.com

One other option on Aitutaki is Etu Moana. It is a boutique accommodation rather than a full service resort but It has rave reviews and is ranked number one by TripAdvisor.

If you have questions about Aitutaki check out the Aitutaki forum pages

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g309706-i5344-Aitu…

You will see on the right side of the screen a list of Top Questions about Aitutaki. If you can't find what you are looking for, just ask. Aitutaki is a perfect place for a honeymoon.

Happy planning

Bathurst, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive resorts

Thank you for all the advice after staying on some other island resorts I was unsure how close food and other places would be. I like the idea of paying for alcohol accommodation and some food before going on holidays it just makes it so much easier.

Fkp
Level Contributor
86 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All inclusive resorts

Hi

All inclusive package does not really mean different things for different people. Only the hotel/resort stars/standards/ammendeties set that standard.

The things that should be included in All-inclusive package.

Nights stay

Breakfast buffet

Lunch buffet

Dinner of choises or buffet

Coffee/Tea pretty much when you want

Snack bar

Drinks (most hotels limit alcohol drinks to locally produced) but it does mean that if you want to drink 2 liters of wine everyday included in the price it is included.

All cleaning and other services

Wifi if available

Sometimes included sometimes not is Spa treatments.

What usually is not included is the tip for the cleaning lady to your room.

I know there is many resturants on Rarotonga and Aitutaki but the reason for why many people are looking for an all-inclusive package is that they will know in advance exactly how much the trip is going to cost them. They will not get a heavy surprise that the price for dining is much higher then anticipated etc.

8. Re: All inclusive resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 07:17