We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Works Delux seat LAX to RARO direct

Ancaster, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Works Delux seat LAX to RARO direct

Has anyone travelled in this seat category? I searched it but did not find any info. I checked the ANZ website seat map and the middle 3 rows(7 to 19 I think) are showing up as "works delux" meaning the middle seat will remain empty, plus you get a few other perks re: baggage,inflight meal/drinks and use of lounge in airport, priority boarding. Hubby and I would be using them and the extra room would make the 9hr flight more bearable. Feedback much appreciated.

Blueses1492

Canada/Australia
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Works Delux seat LAX to RARO direct

I have also noticed this on their website seat map, but it doesn't come up as an option when you are booking. I think you will have to phone them.

Good luck.

Donna

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,954 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Works Delux seat LAX to RARO direct

Hi

I'm afraid that seating categories Seat, Seat + Bag, Works and Works Deluxe are only available on Air NZ's Trans Tasman and Pacific Island flights (all regarded as short haul).

LAX/RAR is regarded as long haul so only Economy and Business Class are available.

If, however, you were going RAR/AKL or the reverse then those categories of seating would be available.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Works Delux seat LAX to RARO direct

If you re-check your schedule, I think you'll find that the trip is closer to 10 hours in the air LAX-RAR. Chuck.

Canada/Australia
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Works Delux seat LAX to RARO direct

Thanks nzlilibet, that solves that.

Ancaster, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Works Delux seat LAX to RARO direct

Thanks for the replies. I also noticed the WD seats weren't coming up when I went to book only business or economy were showing. 10 hrs air time makes it all that more unbearable. Thanks nzlilibet but only using the direct LAX to RAR there and back.

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
223 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Works Delux seat LAX to RARO direct

It don't find it so bad..a meal and a glass of wine, hopefully sleep and wake up in paradise. We usually overnight in LA the night before. Flying all the way through would make for a very long day. Totally worth it!

The inflight service, even in economy is excellent.

Ancaster, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Works Delux seat LAX to RARO direct

r10th-We have booked 2 nights in LA going to Raro and 1 night on the way home. When we went to Tahiti a few years ago we went straight thru from YYZ. I swore if I ever went back to the South Pacific I would break the flight up and stay over night in LA. Still not looking forward to the 10hr flight but I know it will be worth it.

PS-I lived in Thunder Bay(Fort William) 1954 to 1963

Blueses1492

8. Re: Works Delux seat LAX to RARO direct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 05:16