We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pacific Island Resort Rarotonga

Brisbane, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
Pacific Island Resort Rarotonga

Hi,

I'm looking to stay at the Pacific Island Resort in Rarotonga for at least three nights in late October. I was wondering whether anyone has an opinion on this resort i.e. the good, the bad, value for money etc.

Also, is this resort on the good side of the island for swimming, snorkelling etc?...thanks.

Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
7,043 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pacific Island Resort Rarotonga

Hi tiger. I didn't stay at the Pacific Island Resort but we ate there one evening. I was surprised at the number of babies and young children running around. We almost left when one toddler in the table behind us was screaming in the restaurant and wandering around in a diaper only. The Pacific Island is one of the places that has 2 bedroom and family units so I guess it attracts lots of younger children. We stayed at Little Polynesian (which I really highly recommend) and it was brilliant. Little Poly is on a stunning beach, with good snorkelling and swimming off the front. It is also a quieter beach. I highly recommend the overbeach bungalows and outdoor spa. Suggest you check out the website.

In contract Pacific Island Resort is on the busy Muri Lagoon which was the busiest tourist area (apart from the town area).

However, it was a nice half hour walk at low tide along the beach from Little Poly to Muri to try out the restaurants.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
793 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pacific Island Resort Rarotonga

Hi tiger73, I presume you mean the Pacific Resort at Muri. Are you thinking of doing a two island combo with Pacific Resort on Aitutaki?

I haven't stayed at the Pacific Resort on Raro but loved my stay at Pacific Resort on Aitutaki. IMO it is the best available on Aitutaki and would stay there again in a heartbeat, however the PR on Raro would not be my choice and especially for a honeymoon. There are far nicer alternatives.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,144 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pacific Island Resort Rarotonga

Hi,

If it's the Pacific Resort in Muri, this resort has ready access to the Muri lagoon directly in front. This lagoon is very good for swimming, kayaking, sailing, SUP. The resort has its own lagoon cruise. PR is attractively laid-out, and very handy to all the village facilities. I always enjoy going to PR's on the beach restaurant for its fabulous views, enjoyable menu and very welcoming staff.

The resort accommodation is available to families. If you are more interested in an adults-only property, Rarotonga has some nice choices in this respect. Alongside the Pacific Resort is both Muri Beach Club Hotel and Te Vakaroa Villas. Same wonderful views and lagoon, smaller properties, and are adults-only.

An alternative to the Pacific Resort in Muri, are their fully s/c luxury villas located a short distance away. Te Manava will provide you with a very quiet stay, in spacious villas with individual pools, kayaks and spa onsite. You can access PR's main site for meals, drinks and activities which is about 2 kms north of the villas.

One of the best snorkelling sites is within the Tikioki marine reserve, about 1.5 kms around from Te Manava. It's a very short trip by road from Muri, and easy to walk at low tide from Te Manava villas. There are some very nice accommodation in the Tikioki - Titikaveka areas, should you be interested in researching these spots for accommodation.

All the best with your accommodation search - kia manuia.

4. Re: Pacific Island Resort Rarotonga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 06:15