We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight to Aitutaki - best time of day

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
51 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Flight to Aitutaki - best time of day

Hi,

What is the best time of day to fly into Aitutaki (going last week of October)? I would like to make the most of the views and make sure it is light.

Thanks

Ashleigh

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight to Aitutaki - best time of day

HI Ashleigh here is the web site for Air Rarotonga. You will see that the flights arrive in Aitutaki during daylight hours in October so the choice is pretty much up to you. There are morning, mid day, afternoon and evening flights most days. On Sunday there are 2 flights late morning and early evening.

http://www.airraro.com/

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
51 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight to Aitutaki - best time of day

Thanks. If I took the flight at 4.40pm which arrived 5.30pm would it still be daylight hours when we arrived?

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
15,188 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight to Aitutaki - best time of day

Hi TravelAsh,

End of October sees longer daylight hours. At present, early August, the sun is setting around 6:20pm.

I've found that the first morning flight generally gives clearer views of the motu and lagoon area, when it's a fine day. Yet any time of the day is a nice time to arrive on Aitutaki. It's such a gorgeous island!

4. Re: Flight to Aitutaki - best time of day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2015, 06:15