We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a decent but affordable place to stay

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
a decent but affordable place to stay

im travelling by myself and will be staying in raro for two days before i go to atiu.i want to stay in avarua or somewhere close to town.i dont want to pay alot but i dont want to stay in a bad place.can you suggest some places

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
Level Contributor
889 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a decent but affordable place to stay

I would suggest the Paradise Inn.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,020 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a decent but affordable place to stay

Hi

You could also look at Central Motel. It has mixed reviews on this site, but does offer an alternative at budget prices.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
15,112 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a decent but affordable place to stay

My earlier reply got lost in the ether. What I had attempted to endorse is Paradise inn. But consider Central Motel because it's extremely handy to all facilities, and offers a good price. It's very tidy and clean. The main downside is road noise if considering a stay over Friday and Saturday nights.

Mount View Lodges situated in O'oa is a short bus ride from town but does offer privacy, comfort and is located in an attractive setting. Manea Foods shop is across the road, and Super Browns 24 hr foodstore, takeaway and ANZ ATM is a short walk away.

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: a decent but affordable place to stay

I stay at the Central Motel whenever I go to Rarotonga. As Frangipani says it's convenient, clean and offers good prices.She is also correct that there is a lot of road noise on the weekends. Malcolm is a good host and will do pick ups and deliveries to the airport if you make arrangements in advance. It's walking distance to several restaurants as well as all kinds of shops, banks and other facilities.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
15,112 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: a decent but affordable place to stay

If staying at Central Motel, just be sure that your transfer arrangements to the airport are watertight beforehand. The proprietor there booked me a taxi for midnight but it didnt show. Fortunately being a Sunday night I was thankful that there happened to be someone around and with a vehicle.

Aquarius Hotel flashpackers dorm is another good option. With the Aquarius located directly across the road from the airport, and a little over 1 km to Avarua this is an especially convenient location. No need for airport transfers. The restaurant serves reasonably priced meals and drinks. The hotel is modern, and enjoys attractive ocean views with poolside dining. The Nu Bar steakhouse across the road from the hotel serves meals from Wed to Saturday for $10 per steak serving.

Local bus stops outside the Aquarius, but most guests I observe staying there walk along Panama reserve to the market and town stores, with CITC main supermarket located in Panama also. I think the dorm rates commence around NZ $25.00 per night.

6. Re: a decent but affordable place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2018, 03:15