We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling tours?

Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Snorkeling tours?

My wife and I are avid snorkelers and super excited about our upcoming Fiji trip. We are going for the week of USThanksgiving (Nov 19-26) and staying at the new Marriott Momi Bay Resort. I’m trying to find some good guides or services to take us snorkeling to the good places. We have never been there but don’t really like the huge boats full of tourist. We’ve been around the Caribbean a lot snorkeling from sailboats and would love that,but I’m not seeing many good options. Most of them seem to focus on sailing and stopping at beaches. We really want to do some amazing snorkeling. If you know of any tours or good places to drive to for snorkeling I would really appreciate advice.

Ben

4 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
5,658 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling tours?

Most of the resorts will have a tours desk so it would be best to check with the resort when you arrive and then pick a day that suits your needs. No good going when the seas are rough or it is raining.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
10,017 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling tours?

Oohlala Cruises is worth a look only a small number of people on the day trip, with good snorkeling. Many of the reefs were damaged in a tropical cyclone just over a year ago but some still are undamaged. I am waiting to hear the contact details of a private operator who may be able to take you, I will get back to you.

Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling tours?

Nice. Thanks.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
10,017 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling tours?

Sorry for delay getting back to you. Look at Kaiwai Tours and transfers on Facebook. Private operator.

Edited: 23 November 2017, 12:12
Reply to: Snorkeling tours?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted