We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aussies: Where to get the best accomodation prices?

Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Aussies: Where to get the best accomodation prices?

Hi All,

Well....after looking at brochures and getting quotes for Bali and Phuket, we have decided on Fiji. We are 2 adults and 2 kids (4 and 1) and I after reading 30 pages of this forum have decided on either Plantation Island Resort or Castaway Island Resort. I am after relaxtion, white beaches, Kids Club and Beach front Bure. So hoping either of these 2 resorts will give me all of the above.

So now I am wondering who you all book through to get the best flight/accomodation deal or do you book flights and accomodation separately. Info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Tuncurry, Australia
Level Contributor
738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aussies: Where to get the best accomodation prices?

Hi

If you are in Sydney check the sunday papers for specials you cane book at aney travel agent put do your home work and know what you want we use Virgin Papaific as they have beter flight times to and frome Fiji www. bulafiji.com the Fiji tourist site may help

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
467 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aussies: Where to get the best accomodation prices?

I usually do lots of research and then get the best prices I can find for airfares and accomodation on the net and then I take all my info to Flight Centre and ask them if they are interested in quoting against my best prices. They can always do a bit better and then I book. flight Centre have a good 24 hour "hotline" that you can contact them on at anytime during your holiday if you have any problems and they will sort things out for you. i.e. incorrect room or something like that. I've always been happy with them, but I do plenty of research before hand so I know exactly what I want them to quote on.

Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Aussies: Where to get the best accomodation prices?

I also do plenty of research before hand on flight prices and accomodation ect. I have already done this for Fiji for the flights but not the accomodation yet. I wasn't aware that you could take the prices you found to say Flight Centre and they would beat the price. I still need to find some good deals for accomodation, so might see what I can find on the net, but also get some quotes through travel agents.

Thanks.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,816 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aussies: Where to get the best accomodation prices?

Go to Castaway. Plantation is very large and I am afraid avery overdeveloped. Castaway is lovely and has a great kids club. I find you get the best airline deals booking online, Virgin especialy has better fares and travelling times. I try to book direct with the resort or else through Fiji Island Travel in Sydney.

You won't regret a single minute on Castaway. I used to love Plantation but the takeaway food bars finished me. The snorkelling off the beach at Castaway is better too. Anothe good one for families is Treasure Island.

Hope this is helpful.

Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Aussies: Where to get the best accomodation prices?

Thanks for that info. I already have flights worked out through virgin and prices so will take them with me to a travel agent and see if they can beat them.

Yes, Castaway Island seems gorgeous, only problem is our trip will be early October (which is school holiday time) so am a bit wary there may be too many people, but that is definitely my pick atm. We need to see how much accomodation will cost us as we have a budget in mind and dont really want to go over that, so hopefully we can get a good deal. I might try Fiji Island Travel and see what deals they have going atm.

Thanks all for the info.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Aussies: Where to get the best accomodation prices?

Try www.travelclearance.com.au they also price beat if they can..i have used them before and been happy..

Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Aussies: Where to get the best accomodation prices?

Thanks! Will definitely check this site out.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Aussies: Where to get the best accomodation prices?

I've also been told coral seas travel think you could google them are excellent and beat prices too. Apparently the people you speak with over the phone hthere are so obliging..frieds have used them for fiji and samoa many times.

webjet and qantas are often good too but not sure on which accom. they deal with.

9. Re: Aussies: Where to get the best accomodation prices?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 15:19