We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High end hotel (that accepts well behavied children :)

Nice, France
Level Contributor
51 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
High end hotel (that accepts well behavied children :)

We are planing a trip to Fiji... (well actually we are going around the world for 1 year with our kids, so this is a stop on the trip!)

We want Fiji to be the place where we getting married, but since we are traveling with our 2 children 7 and 10 years old, we want the perfect place(s) to stay...a nice intimate wedding (just us 4) and a place or two where we can dive and snorkel and be lazy. We want a high end place to get married but it seams like they don't take children at the high en resorts.. any suggestions? We will stay 10 days and want the REAL Fiji feeling and not an normal resort stay...We are thinking Vomo Island resort and somewhere else? Any suggestions...

Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: High end hotel (that accepts well behavied children :)

Have a look at Yasawa Island Resort , you ll like there.

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
86 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: High end hotel (that accepts well behavied children :)

Hi - Congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

We love diving in Fiji and I am sure you will too. I can't address which hotels take kids, but try to find one on Taveuni where you could dive the Rainbow Reef.

And another option is Toberua since I have seen on this site that they don't have a mosquito problem. (I can't imagine being in Fiji without mosquitoes so will have to go there someday!) Their website says they have free snorkel trips which could be great for your family. We've been diving in the Lomaiviti Islands north of Toberua and the diving was great there - we didn't see another dive boat all week and the diving was so good that we're going back in May. (But it isn't a fancy place like you're looking for.)

Diving in the Yasawas was OK, but not as good as Rainbow Reef or this the Lomaiviti Islands - but that could vary within the Yasawas I suppose. If you are divers and are going to be in Fiji, I think it is wise to choose a resort that is near one of the premiere diving spots in Fiji. It's a long way from France and you don't know when you will get the chance again!

Enjoy your trip!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
551 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: High end hotel (that accepts well behavied children :)

Totally agree with the suggestion of Yasawa Island Resort - I understand that they only allow children at certain times of the year though so check that they will allow kids when you are planning to be there. It is definately high end.

Fiji Islands
Level Contributor
693 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: High end hotel (that accepts well behavied children :)

Bonjour and Bula!

Yasawa Island Resort only allows children during "children's weeks" which are: all of December, all of January and 15 June to 15 July. Hope this works within your schedule, because Yasawa Island Resort is wonderful. Diving is good in the Yasawas, not like the Mamanucas, which is kind of ordinary. Because the Yasawa Islands don't get the tourist trade that the Mamanucas get, you'll have a much better dive experience.

Another idea (but not quite as lovely as Yasawa) is JM Cousteau's resort in Savusavu. They have a great childrens' program there, but is an upscale resort. Good food, nice surroundings and the children will be entertained with all sorts of interesting activities, and they have a marine biologist on staff to keep it interesting!

Vomo is also very nice. Problem is that most upscale resorts don't allow children under the age of 12. And while we both know your children are well behaved, the resorts tend to be pretty strict with their children's policy.

Someone on this loop suggested Tomberua, and I personally wouldn't recommend it because it's not upscale like you are looking for, nor is it good for diving. It's more of a mid range resort.

Depending on when you are going to be in Fiji, you may just want to check with some of the other upmarket resorts. It could be that if their occupancy is low, they'll consider having you stay with 2 lovely and well behaved children.

By the way, it's wonderful that you are taking your children around the world. An amazing education for them, and far more than they would receive in a classroom! 10 years ago, before we moved to Fiji, we took our two children (7 & 14) around the US, hitting I think 46 states. 10 years later they still talk about what an experience it was!

Hope that helps a little -

Nice, France
Level Contributor
51 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: High end hotel (that accepts well behavied children :)

Thank you so much for all advice! We are arriving in the 27 Sept to the 7 October. I hope its nice weather then(?) and nice diving. We are so excited to go around the world and Fiji is going to be special since we are planing to get married there. I guess some of the resorts you suggested are not going to allow kids so I think we will go to Vomo island and somewhere else...

Inverness, scotland
Level Contributor
791 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: High end hotel (that accepts well behavied children :)

Not sure, are you hoping to get married at Vomo or your 'somewhere else' resort? Some of the very high end resorts give you the luxury but maybe not the REAL Fiji experience you are looking for & are definately more geared for couples than those travelling with children. I have to say that Toberua did not feel like an ordinary experience as it has a distinctly Fijian feel with wonderful food, luxurious touches & my husband really enjoyed the diving there.I know they are great with children too. Wishing you a wonderful trip whatever you decide !

7. Re: High end hotel (that accepts well behavied children :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 07:22
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now