We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Lagoon Cruises

Sydney
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Blue Lagoon Cruises

We went on a 4-day Blue Lagoon Cruise last December and there was something not at all right with the pricing. This was because they switch you to a 4-star ship if you book on the 5-star ship and there are too few bookings.

There was nothing wring with the cruise if you had paid 4-star prices, but we paid top dollar.

No refund of the difference. Basically, they said get lost.

Not happy - Blue Lagoon Cruises should fix this false advertising, but they have refused. It's not the money so much either, it's the principle of the thing. It should pay to be honest, and not pay to be deceptive.

I have written about it in detail here:

http://aapress.com.au/bluelagooncruises.html

I would like others to make sure they DON'T go on the 4 day cruise at 5-star prices. If there is a switch, DON'T TAKE IT. Take the 7 days if you like - Fiji is lovely and the crew was great.

I don't know why they act like this. They try very hard to give you a good cruise, except they rip you off at the same time.

California
Level Contributor
85 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Lagoon Cruises

We had a very enjoyable time on the Fiji Princess in May 2008. The food was good, the staff friendly, the ship was clean, and the islands beautiful. Feel free to e-mail with specific questions.

As to “the switch”, it happened to us too. We were notified 3 days before our departure to Fiji (which was 10 days before the cruise sailed). Our travel agent was not able to answer all our questions about the switch before we departed, but followed up with us in Fiji at our first destination with a credit that amounted to about 30% of our cruise fare. We inquired upon boarding about the switch, and were told by the registration clerk that the reason for the switch was that only 10 passengers were booked on the 4 day (Mystique). The Mystique was anchored in Port Denarau when we departed.

The rest of what “tpeck” has to say is pretty much right on.

However, our “switch” was a bit different in that we received a 2 ½ hour “speedboat” ride back to Port, and noted that quite a few more than 10 people were on the “speedboat”. So rather than a ? hour cruise back to port on the Mystique, we got a partial thrill ride to port (and thankfully not a 5 hour ferry ride).

As to the itinerary differences, we lost cruising the top half of the Yasawa Islands, lost half a day at the private island/beach (received a half day instead of what was supposed to be close to a full day), and gained some time in a second village with a performance by school children.

Disappointing, yes. A disaster, no. But we would have appreciated more notice of the change (and an opportunity to cancel)—we would have considered changing to a land based resort in the Yasawa Islands, and probably could have seen/done all the same things as the original 4 day/ 3 night cruise.

Our recommendation: don’t book the 4 day, especially if the detail itinerary is important to you. Consider as an alternative a land based stay at a resort in the Yasawa Islands. You will do fine with the 4 day if you are not concerned about the details of the itinerary (and you get a refund if you are switched). You will also do fine with the 7 day if you have the time.

Oregon
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Lagoon Cruises

Thank You for taking all the time and effort to report this scam. I've been a travel agent for 25 years and I've seen many passengers decieved or have their travel plans ruined by unreputible companies. Things do go wrong but if its something the cruise lines had to change for their convenience then you should have every right to be reimbursed. If you had made changes to your booking after payment was made, believe me there would be penalty fees applied. I was looking into booking a honeymoon couple to Fiji and thought about the cruise but after hearing all the complaints about the "bait & switch" I am hesitant to do so. On your honeymoon you want no disappointing surprises. Blue Lagoon Cruises should have made right and at least adjusted your payment to reflect what you would have paid if you had booked that cruise in the first place. Then they should have given you some compensation for the inconveniece. Thanks for the heads up.

london
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Lagoon Cruises

Recently my wife and I did the 4 day Yasawa Islands cruise on the Nanyua boat.

The cruise itself is wonderful ,only 48 on the boat and its like a family.

But the boat is quite old - 1987 - and the cabins tiny and need an update.The aircon was noisy and beds small and soft.

The food and crew were excellent,BUT ,their other boats are much superior !

Would recommend it ,but on their other more modern boats!

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Lagoon Cruises

Sorry to hear about the raw deal you got that is no good at all. No one likes to be ripped off especially when you are trying to enjoy a holiday that no doubt took some time and saving to have. I will be sure not to do this in the future. Thanks so much for letting everyone know. Not Happy Jan!

5. Re: Blue Lagoon Cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2010, 06:19