We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for 7 hour stop in Nadi?

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton
Level Contributor
3,079 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for 7 hour stop in Nadi?

Hi - I am travelling to Australia for the first time at the end of the month, flying from my home in Edmonton to Vancouver to LA to Nadi to Brisbane.

I arrive in Nadi at 510am and depart at 1215pm. To leave the airport, I would need to clear immigration and pick up my luggage, yes?

If I do that, would I need to be back at the airport by 915am (3 hours before?) or 1015am (2 hours before?)

I'm just wondering if I have enough time to make leaving the airport worthwhile.

I was thinking that taking a day's room at Ocean's Edge, and getting a workout, massage, shower & bite to eat may be nice.

What is there to do if I stay at the airport? Is there anything to do to pass the time pleasurably?

I'm just having trouble sorting out which option is better - I'm worried that leaving will be lots of hassle, and I'm concerned about making timings, and worried that staying at the airport will be frighteningly dull (and i think I'll have already had enough of that!)

Start to finish my trip there will be over 30 hours (crazy!) so any suggestions to make the time better would be much appreciated.

Tuncurry, Australia
Level Contributor
734 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for 7 hour stop in Nadi?

HI mcwhippet

7 Hours Nadi airport you will go mad as it is really small and has nothing to do, but I think you can get a locker to leave your luggage. Raffles & Tokatoka Hotels are just opposite the airport so you may be abele to get a day room there they both have good pools and bars and restaurants and friendly staff, check with your travel agent or email them direct tokatokaresort@connect.com.fj or reservation@rafflesgroup.com.fj

Lower Hutt, New...
Level Contributor
88 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for 7 hour stop in Nadi?

The airport has nothing there to do. Very boring and quiet. When we checked in we allowed 90 minutes and it was fine.

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton
Level Contributor
3,079 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for 7 hour stop in Nadi?

Just an update....we ended up booking a day room at the Raffles Hotel. It worked out really well. I went for a run while my mom had a nap. I showered, had my own little nap, we went and had breakfast in the little open air restaurant overlooking the beautiful grounds. Then went back to the airport.

I felt nice and fresh and super-smart compared to my poor fellow travellers from LA that were waiting for the same flight to Brisbane :)

We were able to check our luggage right through from LA to Brisbane so we didn't have to worry about checking it in again.

The room was about $100, you can check in as early as 6 and you can have the room for up to 6 hours. Great solution.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,661 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for 7 hour stop in Nadi?

Hi

Book our luggage through to Brisbane. This should be possible. Yes you will have to clear immigration at Nadi. You will go mad if you stay in the airport lounge so I would go through immigration. There is the Raffles Gateway Hotel opposite the Airport. About a 3 min. walk. You can use the pool, have a meal and relax in the sun until about an Hour prior to departure(as you don't have luggage to check in you can go straight through to immigration and through to the departure lounge). It would be very dull and boring staying in the terminal. Check with the airline staff before you do any of this to make sure its OK).

Tuncurry, Australia
Level Contributor
734 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for 7 hour stop in Nadi?

Hi mcwhippet

I’m really glad you enjoyed your short stay at Raffles its nice to hear back from people that your suggestions worked out ok. My wife and I went to the air port and booked in our luggage then went across to Tokatoka and Raffles & had a drink and relaxed then went back to the airport about ½ hour before our flight last time we were in Fiji much better than staying around the terminal for 3 hours. How do you like Australia we are a friendly nation once you get to know us

6. Re: Suggestions for 7 hour stop in Nadi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 14:17