We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hideaway resort info!

qld
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hideaway resort info!

Hi, Can anyone tell me about Hideawy resort? What is the beach like, kids club and meal plans. Are there better places to stay on the coral coast with kids club, meal plans, family bures. Thanks any help would be great. There is so much to choose from. We are looking at about 10 nights and are unsure if we should split the holiday between the islands and the mainland! HELP!!!!

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
684 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hideaway resort info!

Hi there,

In my opinion Hideaway is a lovely midsize resort. The beach is not great but then none on the Coral Coast are very good (Shangri-la's Fijian beach is okay) and you'd really need to go out to an island to experience the picture postcard beaches you see on the Fiji brochures. However the pool is good and there is a great wading pool covered by a shade sail for littlies too. The water slide is popular with kids and adults alike. It is certainly not known for its kids club and it's nothing like the ones at the Shangri-la or Outrigger. It's more of a series of activities for kids than an actual club itself - fine for older children but not for under-5's. The meal plan is fantastic value and one of the highlights compared to other Coral Coast resorts. I suggest you check out www.travelwithkidsonline.com and see all the family-friendly information on the Hideaway page.

Happy planning!

Tuncurry, Australia
Level Contributor
738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hideaway resort info!

Hi holidayluv

Its several years since we stayed at the hideaway but it was great with excellent food but a little expensive it has just been taken over by the Rydges chain of hotels from Australia I think the Naviti resorts all inclusive is far better value with a great kids club and lots moor for the kids to do and you aren’t butting your hand in your pocket all the time as most things are included in the price

Ps

check out Rydges Priority guest program they are offering 6 nights for the price of 3 at the hideaway at the moment just go to there website membership is free and you save 20% on food and drink at all Rydges hotels and 10% on accommodation so I guess it applies to Fiji

qld
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hideaway resort info!

Thanks for all of your info. Have booked Hideaway for next year!!!!! These forums are great and I will be sure to post a review on my return.

Port Macquarie
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hideaway resort info!

Hi,

We are thinking of staying at the Hideaway in July 09 with several other families for our wedding.

Did you check or book using the Rydges priority guest clud deal that daveis mentioned or wasn't it available for Fiji?

We questioned the deal at our local Rydges resort & they didn't seem to know what we were talking about.

Cheers

canberra
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hideaway resort info!

i haven't been to the Hideaway for a while but it is, i believe, the first resort/hotel built on the coral coast - and it shows. frankly the Shangri-la is the same, old and tired. you can really tell also with the size and surrounds of the swimming pools (i think Shangri-la built a new one a few years back?) bures at Hideaway are tiny with a shuddering A/C unit on the wall. its also closer to the Suva rain-belt so watch out for bad weather.

suggest newer resorts such as outrigger, or castaway island.

for 10 nights suggest combining island with mainland (you often have to overnight in Nadi/denarau because of plane times anyway).

Adelaide
Level Contributor
112 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hideaway resort info!

We just returned from the Hideaway and just wanted to reassure you about the resort. The airconditioners are the new split system type - excellent and ours was very quiet (not sure about the shuddering mentioned above - but then they did say they stayed some years ago). We stayed in a Frangiapani Bure and it certainly wasn't outdated or small, in fact we thought it was extremely roomy and there were 3 of us. The resort must have been renovated as we didn't feel it was in need of a makeover. The staff are wonderful and we had an amazing time. We had great weather (Suva is actually over an hour away) it only rained for about an hour each afternoon (was quite refreshing actually). Enjoy your holiday!! We are returning again in December.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hideaway resort info!

suva is actually further from hideaway than nadi is so i dont know what that was about?

since rydges have taken over the resort has been updated a bit, with paintjobs and what not.

i am a regular at hideaway and have been for the past 6 years.

the wade family (previous owners) really did the resort up before selling it, adding in a day spa an intimate little pool area where they hold private functions for smallish groups.

the activities staff are great with kids of all ages so you wont have to worry about your children not being taken care of. they even offer babysitting services, including of a night time, if you want to have a couple of hours alone with ur partner.

the all inclusive has actually gotten better since rydges have taken over, with free local beer, house wine, local spirits, and soft drinks from 10am to 10pm (it used to only be 2 hours at lunch time and 2 hours at dinner, and never used to include the local spirits)

i cannot speak highly enough of hideaway and the staff there. they make an effort to remember everyone's names, and will remember u if u ever go back, which trust me, you will want to!! i think of it as my 2nd home now.

Tuncurry, Australia
Level Contributor
738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hideaway resort info!

Hi 13xi3

We stayed at the Hideaway in 2003 and found drinks and meals a bit expensive and we didn’t think they had an all inclusive deal like the Naviti but reading your post we may be mistaken we are Rydges priority guests but they don’t know about it so we rang the Hideaway direct and were told the only deal they had was stay 6 pay 3 and 20% of meals and drinks which is good but I like the all inclusive deal if we can get one who do you book your holidays with as we are near you and may be able to use them if they can get the deal we want

Dave

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hideaway resort info!

hey i dont know what the go is there because i was just there over the christmas new years period and there were heaps of guests on an all inclusive package?

hideaway have always done it, but it is better now rydges have taken over.

i cant find anything on the website either so i am a little confused, try sending an email to this address: mila_bulai@rydges.com

i will be really dissappointed if they arent doing all inclusive packages anymore, and i think it would be really silly on their part!

i usually go to steve at flight centre on york street in the city, he has always done really good prices for me.

if they dont do the all inclusive anymore, the trick is to ask for the all day menu, they dont give these to you unless you ask for them and its much cheaper than the other menus.

i hope this is of help to you!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
112 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hideaway resort info!

We've just picked up the latest Creative Holidays brochure from Flight Centre and there is pricing for accomodation including breakfast only, or the all inclusives all meals and drinks - just ask your travel agent. We were there Dec08/Jan09 and it was definitely available then. Have a great holiday!