We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon 2010, I need some help.

london
7 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon 2010, I need some help.

Hi everyone

I’m getting married next year and we looked at Fiji for our honeymoon. So far after reading lots in here I get the feeling that October is a wicked time to go. But I don’t have a clue to where in Fiji to go and with who to book, we are flying from London and the only company I know that fly there is Air New Zealand.

Can someone suggest a nice place to stay, is it worth to pay for all inclusive? Our budget is about £5000 for both of us, and I’d prefer to go to a place where I could upgrade the room and have sea view Jacuzzi and all those nice things one wants when on Honeymoon…

If we can find something under the £5000 we can then splash a bit more on candlelight dinners and things like that.

Thanks for you help.

Bundaberg, Australia
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon 2010, I need some help.

As a suggestion, have a look at Blue Lagoon Cruises. They have a few ships in their fleet to choose from and you would see more of the Mamanuca and Yasawa island groups. The boats only cruise for a set amount of time every day to allow plenty of time for the fun things like snorkelling, village visits etc. You can combine the cruise with an island stay. Check out their website

http://www.bluelagooncruises.com/

QANTAS code share with Air Pacific.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,661 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon 2010, I need some help.

Hi

You have chosen fantastic place for your honeymoon.

The Blue Lagoon Cruise is a great suggestion you won't be disappointed with that. What about Matamanoa Island . Blue Lagoon will actually pick you up from there to save you a tirp back to the mainlalnd. I would do the island first the the cruise. Both have websites so check them out.

Portland, Oregon
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon 2010, I need some help.

The Blue Lagoon Cruise does sound like a great idea. However, starting January 1st, they no longer offer pickups from the island resorts. I was booked on one of their 7 night gold club cruises in April and was scheduled to be picked up at Malolo Island Resort. I received an email from Blue Lagoon Cruises saying that they had to change their policy because it was no longer cost effective. If you check the itinerary section on their website, it still looks like they are offering pickups. However, if you check under packages it says that effective 01 Jan no pickups will be available from the islands.

4. Re: Honeymoon 2010, I need some help.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 04:18