We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend a great family island

Melbourne
Level Contributor
174 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Recommend a great family island

My husband and I were in Fiji last November for our 10th wedding anniversary (stayed at The Sheraton) but we're wanting to go back this time with our three boys, aged 8, 5 and 1 and stay on one of the islands.

While we were there we took a day trip to Castaway Island which was fantastic, so we're thinking we'll go there with the boys but if you've got a resort you think would be fabulous for us let me know!

I can't wait to go back, I've been pining since we got home!

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend a great family island

You could also try Mana Island or Treasure Island or Plantation Island they would all be good with children. Let us know what you decide on! Regards

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,740 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend a great family island

Apart from those resorts mentioned by Bluestreek have a look at Malolo Island Resort. This resort is smaller, is great for kids and adults alike, easy to keep an eye on the kids when not at kids club. That would be my choice but then I am not a fan of the large sprawling resorts.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommend a great family island

Stick to Castaway, my 3 children loved it and have been nagging me for 3 years to go back...

Rene

Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommend a great family island

Hi MamaDukeOz,

Sorry to just be a parrot here, however you really can't go past Castaway for the kids.

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,555 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommend a great family island

I would go for Plantation Island only because their beachfront bures are 2 bedroom - from my experience it can be hard to get 2 bedroom island accommodation and there is nothing worse than all having to sleep in the same room. It is bad enough I have to listen to my husband snore!

Regards

Suzi

6. Re: Recommend a great family island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2009, 05:52