We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can Qamea do this? Grrrrrr.... Help!

NYC
8 posts
Save Topic
Can Qamea do this? Grrrrrr.... Help!

My finance and I planned our honeymoon at Qamea almost 10 months in advance. Recently we were told by Air New Zealand that they are cutting their flights from Nadi to Auckland, thus we would have to leave Qamea one day early in order to catch an earlier flight out of Nadi. We originally booked our stay through a pay 5/stay 7 special so obviously we were upset that we were missing a free night.

However, after contacting our travel agent with the news, she informed us that Qamea is now charging us for SIX nights because we will be unable to stay the extra free night, thus we no longer qualified for the pay 5/stay 7 special. Is this not the most ridiculous thing???? Because the airline has changed their flights, now we will have to pay EXTRA because we aren't taking advantage of the FREE night!!!! In essence, we're actually SAVING the resort money because they can rent out our bure one night earlier and we won't be eating the extra day of meals that comes with the plan!

We are so frustrated. We are emailing our travel agent again and if that doesn't work, we will contact Qamea ourselves. We're tempted to just cancel our stay there and forego half of our deposit just because this experience is already starting to sour the honeymoon. I don't understand how a service industry which relies on reputation could think this is a good idea. Does anyone have any thoughts or advise about this?

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can Qamea do this? Grrrrrr.... Help!

Are you sure that your travel agent actually heard this from Qamea? I'd ask for the documentation and then contact Qamea myself directly. Also, you said that Air New Zealand contacted you about the change in flights, and that you passed that news along to your travel agent. I'm wondering why it wasn't your travel agent who contacted you. Seems that they should be handling the whole thing as that is what they are being paid for.

NYC
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can Qamea do this? Grrrrrr.... Help!

Well, we booked our airline tickets directly ourselves using frequent flier miles. According to our travel agent, they spoke to Qamea directly. We're still trying to go through her to rectify the situation, however, we are planning on contacting Qamea ourselves if we don't hear anything encouraging.

Fiji
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can Qamea do this? Grrrrrr.... Help!

This is innacurate. The guests here were offered a stay 6/pay 5 special as they were unable to stay the 7th night. The guests travel agent passed these guests misinformation, and we have replied directly to these guests on the issue. The special these guests were offered originally was based on a 7 night stay, and we are very careful not to cut special deals to any of our guests - reason being, we are a small boutique property, and more often than not all our guests get to know each other well - and also share with each other how much they paid. It really makes for hard feelings if it is discovered that one guests paid less than another guest. I would suggest to these guests that they rebook their flight on Air Pacific as opposed to Air New Zealand, so that they can take advantage of the full 7 night special. Ron Eckstrom / Owner

Get answers to your questions about Fiji