We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

liveaboard for snorkelers?

Lake Forest...
Level Contributor
569 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
liveaboard for snorkelers?

We are considering traveling to Fiji in 2010 for our 40th. We love snorkeling and have been many places. One of our best experiences was on a dive boat on the GBR in Australia where the sites were lovely for snorkelers and the staff treated us nicely. Is there such a boat in Fiji? The "adventure" boat just doesn't have enough snorkeling, but the other boats don't mention us surface people. Thanks for any advice.

kooikermom

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,822 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: liveaboard for snorkelers?

Hi

Maybe the Tui Tai would suit you. Have a look at the website.

BURLINGTON
Level Contributor
775 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: liveaboard for snorkelers?

Have a look at www.SeaforYourself.com - this company offers snorkeling safaris to Fiji among other places. I have not done one of these trips but sure would if I had the funds!

Lake Forest...
Level Contributor
569 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: liveaboard for snorkelers?

Hi, Hooked on Fiji, that boat is the one I referred to as the "adventure" boat. They only snorkel a few times in the week, at least according to their website. You can do mountain biking, kayaking, etc. but we'd want to spend the time snorkeling. The DIVERS, on the other hand, have two dives a day. Maybe they figure snorkelers aren't dedicated. I will write them to find out if snorkelers can go on the dive trips and if it is appropriate, i.e., shallow. I was hoping that someone here would know and be able to evaluate. I heard good things about this board from Fodors forum people, esp. YOU!!

kooikermom, aka Sally in Seattle

Lake Forest...
Level Contributor
569 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: liveaboard for snorkelers?

OOOH, Newfie, those trips sound fabulous, however waaaay out of our price range. I was looking at the Bonaire one and it's $1000/day per couple. Wow. But it sounds like you get a lot. If we win the lottery. . . .

kooikermom aka Sally in Seattle

5. Re: liveaboard for snorkelers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2009, 07:18