We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to Outrigger on Lagoon?

West Midlands
Level Contributor
108 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi to Outrigger on Lagoon?

Hi, we are arriving on a very early flight from LA (about 05.30)late September. Will it be easy to get a taxi from the airport to Coral coast - Outrigger on the lagoon - at this time of day? About how much would this cost? Or would you advise me to get my travel agent to book a transfer?

Sydney
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to Outrigger on Lagoon?

Hi traveller2148,

Travel time from nadi Airport to The Outrigger can be from 50min to one hour.

If your family is small the easiest way would be to flag a taxi from the airport, however if you want the convieience you can book this through your travel agent.

Hope that helps

Min KW

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to Outrigger on Lagoon?

You can always book through a travel agent or go direct and book with the resort. Its bout hours drive from the airport give or take. The airport is a buzz with taxi and hire cars when each flight gets in the best option would be one of these and you can agree on a cost with the driver before you depart! Just a guess but i would be thinking somewhere around 80-100 for a taxi!

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
548 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi to Outrigger on Lagoon?

Just grab taxi there are always plenty available, cost as mentioned above would be about right $80-100, but always make sure you establish the cost before you get in the taxi - they are very fare and most places are a set price even though they do have meters. At that time of the morning it would be a very pleasant drive. Enjoy.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
108 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi to Outrigger on Lagoon?

Thanks for all the advice. We'll just get a taxi there then - glad you let me know about how much to barter for!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
426 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi to Outrigger on Lagoon?

Hi - another option is to get a private transfer - we organised one through our travel agent a few years ago - Coral Sun Fiji have a website http://www.coralsunfiji.com you could contact them and get a price for a comparision. We had an older model Mercedes which had air con and took us straight from the airport to Outrigger which was wonderful for 2 tired kids after a flight from Australia arriving just before 6am. Jacqui

West Midlands
Level Contributor
108 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi to Outrigger on Lagoon?

Thanks Jacki - will look that up. I know I had suggestions of 60 - 65 fijian dollars previously (a few months ago) but the price seems to have gone up to 80 -100 now. way of the world I suppose!!

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi to Outrigger on Lagoon?

Hi traveller2148

seriously book a transfer through the resort or your TA. Imagine bartering after getting off a 10hr flight at 5.30am and hoping the car has air conditioning, insurance and is safe. For US$20 (F$40) take the easy way, its a holiday!

Port Macquarie
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi to Outrigger on Lagoon?

Hi treveller,

We booked our transfers from the airport to Hideaway (15 min further along the coast) for 6 people in july, through the resort, our plane was late arriving & our driver was still sitting there waiting patiently. When I appoligised he just commented that it was no problem "Fiji time". We took down the driver phone number & rang him direct whenever we needed to go anywere. His prices were always good & he was never late & also showed you landmarks & didn't mind stopping if you wanted to see something. He even orginised a bus to take 29 of us to the Outrigger for our wedding $140fjd cheaper than the Outrigger was going to charge us.

This guy was great & if you wanted to ring him direct from home you wont be dissapointed. His name is Chubba & phone number is 9069453.

It cost us $110 fjd for the transfers for 6 people in a small bus

9. Re: Taxi to Outrigger on Lagoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2010, 05:16