We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Registry office weddings

Wellington
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Registry office weddings

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if you can get married at a registry office in Fiji?

Thankyou.

Port Macquarie
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Registry office weddings

I dont know if you can get married in a registry office. The registry office in Sigatoka were we went is very small & dingy.

When we went to sign our paperwork in July I was pleased tht we were not getting married in there as with 3 people( me, husband & coordinator) there was no room left.

Why not contact one of the resorts direct to see what a basic package would cost(no frills).If you ask most resorts are haooy to meet you requests

good luck

Fiji
Level Contributor
469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Registry office weddings

You can get married at a registry office (some friends of mine did!) but it would be a shame to come all the way to Fiji to get married in a run-down office in the middle of Nadi! Tadra flowers could do it for a reasonable price http://www.tadra.com.fj or fiji weddings www.fijiweddings.com.fj are a new wedding planning company who might be willing to cut you a good deal.

Wellington
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Registry office weddings

Hi,

Thankyou for your replies 8)

Its not really about cost, its more about the stress of organising a wedding. I have no idea where to start, and thought super low key, may be the best way for us to go (I feel I have the potential to go all 'Bridezilla'.

Thanks, everyone!

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Registry office weddings

Fiji is definitely the place to get married if you are after a stress free wedding!

We got married at Treasure just over a year ago and it couldnt have been easier. I dont know why more couples dont do it.... =]

Most of the resort do weddings and have their own wedding co-ordinator, who are included in the package cost of the wedding. Basically you choose a wedding package to suit you both and the rest is done for you! LITERALLY!

I emailed our co-ordinator a couple of times with a few questions etc, mainly prices for extras I wanted. The final details were left until we got to the resort, eg, flowers, time, where we wished to hold the wedding on the beach etc.

Check out www.travelonline.com for resort prices. You can do up your own package and add your choice of wedding to the package. I found they had the best prices... Then took these prices to my Travel Agent for a price match.

With Treasure Island we didn't have to make the trip into Nadi, the paper work was already done from home here in Australia before we even left!

Definitely look into a resort for your wedding. The hardest part was trying to find something to actually stress about!

Port Macquarie
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Registry office weddings

Hi NZ,

I agree with cricket, we got married 3 weeks ago at the Outrigger. It could not have been easier, we sent them an email telling them when we wished to get married & the package we wanted, then let them do the work for you.

Our wedding was outstanding, we couldn't have asked or got better than what we received. Even our guests said it was the best wedding that they had attended.

Don't do it in an office for such a special day because you are not sure about how to organise it, they do it for you.

Good luck

Wellington
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Registry office weddings

Thanks Cricket and First-time 8)

First-time, I was considering the 'Outrigger' also =). Could you please tell me a little more?

Im also considering going to a small Island, since it will be just the two of us.

Thanks, guys!

Kimberly

Wellington
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Registry office weddings

First time, could you please tell me a little about the process you went through to get married at 'The Outrigger'. I'm trying to decide between the 'Outrigger' and 'Tokoriki Resort'. By the way, we are planning on getting married in 10 weeks. This is all very 'spur of the moment'. We've been together for 16 years.....we meet when we were young 8)

Kimberly

Port Macquarie
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Registry office weddings

Hi NZKimberly,

Congrats! We had been together for 25yrs & decided to get married this year(best wedding I've ever had).

The Outrigger was great.I emailed there functions dept with the date that I wanted to get married & they had it free( they only do 1 wedding per day)so than they did everything else, I mean everything. We chose the outrigger as the package I choose ticked all my wants( I didn't turn into Bidezilla).

You need to be in Fiji 3 working days before the service, check public holidays,& no weddings are held on a Sunday.

We were married on the beach at 4.00pm( I held the service at this time due to tides).

The Outrigger emailed me wediing venue choices ie beach, garden etc.They have a chapel but it costs more & I really just wanted a very simple & relaxed service.There package includes flowers, minister or celebrant, witnesses,dinner for 2,wine with dinner,cake;we met the coordinator 3 days before the service & they took us to sign our forms.All were ready as I had faxed copies to him earlier(take originals).Any questions I had we talked about then.

I understand how you are feeling but believe me the day was great.

If you want to email Illisoni(coordinator) his email is:

Illoisoni Vibose functions@outriggerfiji.com.fj

I think all the resorts can perform weddings so it really is amatter of deciding where you want to go and then asking if they can provide a service you want.Remember if you choose a island(beautiful) & if you marry late in the day you may have to pay for the minister/celebrants accommodation/meal overnight as there may not be transfers late.

hope this helps, but really my wedding was stress free & beautiful. I would recommend the Outrigger & Illisoni to anyone thinking of getting married in Fiji.

Sharon

Port Macquarie
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Registry office weddings

Rydges Hideaway are worth a look at too. They do a basic package for around Fjd $900. Check it out on the Rydges web site, I think its under special functions

We stayed there before our wedding & the resort & staff are very nice

Wellington
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Registry office weddings

Rats, I cant get the 'Outrigger' on the day I want ;)

Onto plan 2!

Thanks, everyone!

Kimberly 8)