We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

atm vs cash

australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
atm vs cash

Normally when travelling overseas take aud with me and exchange at local bank or money changer.

normally can find exchange rates on banks websites but cant seem to find in fiji bank sites.

any ideas on if better rate would be found in australia before travelling or exchanging aud to fiji dollar in fiji itself would be better.

also my atm card is a "maestro" or "cirrus" (commonwealth bank keycard)card and would I be able to withdraw from fiji atm

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: atm vs cash

Yes you can use your ATM card i also have CBA and have used in the machines that being said they are few and far between. In the main town you have a couple and also at the Denarau Marina which is where majority of island connections go from. Your ATM would be useless on an island as they use cash and credit cards. It is better to change money in australia or in fiji airport as the hotels/resorts do not offer the best rates. The rate is so good at the moment i have even bought cash many weeks ago for a trip coming up in bout 10weeks.

2. Re: atm vs cash

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Fiji