We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips to islands from Intercon Fiji?

Sydney
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Day trips to islands from Intercon Fiji?

Hi there,

We are staying at the Intercon Fiji for a week in Sept - looks fabulous and really looking forward to it.

I have read it is quite isolated though. Does anyone know if it is possible to take day trips to the islands? Or would you have to get up rediculously early to get to Denarau in time for the boats?

We are travelling with 2 young children (3 and 1), so a really long day could be more trouble than it's worth...

Thanks for any advice!

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips to islands from Intercon Fiji?

Unless the intercontinental runs some day excursions from the new resort most island day trips leave from Denarau Marina which would be appx35-40min drive from the resort. There are heaps of day trips not a problem.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,881 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips to islands from Intercon Fiji?

I know that the hotel has lots of trips available via the concierge. Whether they are actually run by the hotel itself I don't know as we didn't go on any.

We had fancied a ride on the sugar train but they are only full day trips incorporating things like shopping in Sigatoka.

I would imagine day trips to the islands would mean a long day, but why not email the resort and ask them?

3. Re: Day trips to islands from Intercon Fiji?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2010, 07:21