We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkelling in Fiji

Australia
Level Contributor
479 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkelling in Fiji

Hi Everyone, We are planning to snorkel when we visit Fiji and was wondering if people take their own snorkels?? I dont think I like the idea of using one everyone else has used. Can you buy a protective mouth piece at least?

Tuncurry, Australia
Level Contributor
735 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkelling in Fiji

Hi cjkslw

I always take my own snorkeling gear it doesn’t take that much room to pack in a bag if you don’t have all the gear at least take your own mask and snorkel I don’t like the idea of sharing a mouth piece with strangers

Dave

Colorado
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkelling in Fiji

I'd suggest taking at least your own mask and snorkel (and possibly fins) to assure a good fit, make sure that they were always available and for hygiene reasons. I'm not aware of any mouth pieces that you could use, but if you take along some antibacterial or alcohol wipes you could at least clean it off if you do use a rental.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkelling in Fiji

Almost all the resorts have snorkel gear that you can borrow and yes it has been used before by other people. If you are worried about using the ones other people have used i would suggest you take you own from home it should not take up much room and im sure you will feel a lot more at home using one you know that has been brand new or cleaned by yourself!

Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkelling in Fiji

As already mentioned above, every resort reuses snorkels, however they all wash and sterilize the gear before it is used by someone else.

5. Re: Snorkelling in Fiji

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2010, 05:19