We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castaway webcam back up and working!!!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Castaway webcam back up and working!!!!

The Castaway webcam is back up and working!!!

Now I can have my little fix of Fiji each day ;)

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Castaway webcam back up and working!!!!

Yay! Beerwalk you will be so happy to see the sun again after all that dust you have been experiencing hey?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Castaway webcam back up and working!!!!

Yes....was a bit dusty yesterday. Couldn't see 200m in front of you. Not too bad today. Most of it gone. Big clean up on the weekend....everything is full of dust!! ;)

Just dream of Fiji as I am working away!! :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
426 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Castaway webcam back up and working!!!!

Hi All

Also glad to see the webcam up and running again. I like to have a look at what the weather looks like and dream of Fiji. Thankfully we could have a look at Plantation Islands Webcam to give us a Fiji fix. The website for the Plantation Webcam also lets you have a look at the conditions at Hideaway Resort on the coral coast. For anyone who missed the website try http://www.fijiwebcam.com/mamanuca.htm

Wishing I was back in Fiji. Jacqui

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Castaway webcam back up and working!!!!

Thanks Jacqui for the link to the other webcam.

It is how I have been getting my fix since the Castaway one was down ;)

It is nice to have a look and see what they are all looking like. We are off to the Shangri La Fijian in March so I think I will be keeping a really good eye on the Hideway one :)

New Zealand
Level Contributor
192 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Castaway webcam back up and working!!!!

Bula,

Oh looking at the blue sky there today on the web cams makes me miss the place soooooo much. It is snowing here today...burrrr one degrees outside my house at present !!!!!

And sounds like we might soon get the red dust from Aussie to add to the mix soon.... red snow ????

Moce friends.

Cheers,

Grant

www.afijiholiday.com

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Castaway webcam back up and working!!!!

Yes they have been saying that the dust may be on its way to New Zealand. That would be very interesting mixed with snow.

It is a sunny 27c here today in Brisvegas. Lovely blue skies now that the dust has gone :)

7. Re: Castaway webcam back up and working!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2010, 06:24