We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay - after 5 nights on Treasure Island

Melbourne
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay - after 5 nights on Treasure Island

My first comment, is please Help!

My husband and I are staying on Treasure Island for 5 nights (accomm all booked) and then wanting to stay on the main island of Fiji for 3 nights. The 3 remainder nights is where to go, so any help, suggestions greatly appreciated.

Denarau: thoughts are either Sheraton Resort or Radisson (only from reviews on Trip Advisor)as you have a selection of other restaurants, things to do. after 5 nights on Treasure we thought we might be ready to eat at different places and be amongst it a little more.

Coral Coast: not sure, I have read the beaches are nicer but if we're only needing accomm for 3 nights is it worth the drive? when we can sit by a pool at Denarau?

Any other suggestions, parts of Fiji worth a mention? Basically we are after a nice 5* resort, where we will come away happy.

Hard to know which hotel as there are varied reviews for each resort. Please help. Thanks in advance!

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
313 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay - after 5 nights on Treasure Island

have a look at the new intercontinental

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay - after 5 nights on Treasure Island

The only place on the mainland that you will get a good beach at is Intercontinental which is at Natadola beach. All the other resorts have bad beaches or man made and a lot have greyish sand. This would be the only place that would be worth staying if you want the good sand and a great beach on the mainland!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
619 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay - after 5 nights on Treasure Island

Hi just come back from fiji and have been many times. We have stayed many places, never go back to the same resort. This time we just did Denaru and the Outrigger on the Coral coast.

If you have do Treasure with its beautiful beaches then Denaru will be a great place to chill out for your last three nights. My partner loved the look of the Sheraton and the Raddison...both fantastic and the pool areas are amazing. Yes the beach is not a swimming one but you will just want to relax by the pool for the remainder of your trip. They have the bula bus so you can dine anywhere at night and lots of cuisine choices.

From Denaru you can easier travel to Nadi for a look around. We got some fantastic deals with nike clothes. My partner and I love sport so we went crazy on nike clothes as they were cheap ! I always love walking around the markets for some fresh fruit and a cultural experience too.

The Outrigger was fantastic but for the three nights I would choose Denaru. I think it would be a nice contrast to your time on Treaure. Enjoy.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
550 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay - after 5 nights on Treasure Island

I agree with the previous poster, Denarau is probably your best option - all the resorts are pretty similiar so any would be good and you then have the option to try the others for meals and drinks or to Denarau Port for more options. You could do a couple of day tours if you wanted to, the Garden of the Sleeping Giant is worth a visit - you could do this by taxi if you didn't want to do a full on tour, also Nadi town for a mornings shop with lunch at Bulachinos is also fun.

If you didn't want to do any of the above and just want to chill then I would suggest the Intercontential at Natodola may be another option, beautiful bay & beach and only an hour from Nadi. Which ever option you choose will be great. Enjoy your holiday :)

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,628 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay - after 5 nights on Treasure Island

I suppose for 3 nights a Denarau hotel is the only option. Not my scene, can get the same at home, but for dining out and some pampering I gues it is kthe way to go. Personally I would go to First Landing but it is not 5 star. The hotels on Denarau are much of a muchness so go for a good deal.

Melbourne
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay - after 5 nights on Treasure Island

Thanks for your information, very helpful. I have made an enquiry to book the Radisson.

Many thanks!

7. Re: Where to stay - after 5 nights on Treasure Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2010, 05:16