We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we carry soft drinks in checkin luggage to Fiji

aus
9 posts
Save Topic
Can we carry soft drinks in checkin luggage to Fiji

I was wondering if I can carry the soft drinks/juices/soda with me on the flight from here itself, instead of buying from nadi. Is that OK?

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can we carry soft drinks in checkin luggage to Fiji

You can check them in but im not sure how they will go in the cargo hold would hate for them to break open or leak into your luggage. Once through customs and immigration at Sydney you can by drinks and take them on the plane and im still awaiting reply but you can buy in the arrivals hall of nadi at the duty free water, tonic water and hopefully some other non alcoholic drinks i wish to do the same as you but buy when off the plane for the road!

aus
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can we carry soft drinks in checkin luggage to Fiji

Thanks Blue. I am carrying my wine with me anyways & thought some coke & juice wont hurt. I've arranged for coach transfer to the hotel & wont be able to stop on the way to pick that stuff & dont want to be buying from the hotel. Please do let me know if you find out something.

Thanks

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
549 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can we carry soft drinks in checkin luggage to Fiji

You can buy soft drinks from the cafe in the arrivals hall after you go through customs at the airport, may be easier and safer to do this rather than to pack in your luggage. Also the cost of coke etc is pretty reasonable at the convenience stores at most hotels - much cheaper than from the bar or minibar in your room.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
426 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can we carry soft drinks in checkin luggage to Fiji

Has anyone noticed if they sell diet coke in a 1.25ltr bottle or similar at the airport? Heading for islands next year and would like any advice on best place to buy some before transfer to islands. Thankyou - Jacqui

Victoria
Level Contributor
525 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can we carry soft drinks in checkin luggage to Fiji

I packed a couple of bottles of diet dry in my case, no problems at all.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can we carry soft drinks in checkin luggage to Fiji

Hey jacquiOvictoria im heading there myself and taking a peak at the shops for soft drink and water this weekend in all the years ive been a travelling i have never bought any but as the day i arrive is public holiday and shops closed though perhaps i might pick something up at the airport. Won't be back for a few weeks but will post then all about what you can get! Regards

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,018 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can we carry soft drinks in checkin luggage to Fiji

You won't get any liquids over 100ml through customs in Australia but if you buy it once you are through into the departure lounge area you can take it in your carry on luggage. Get it when you get there to save lugging bottles with you on the plane.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
426 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can we carry soft drinks in checkin luggage to Fiji

Hi Bluestreek - Welcome back - I hope you had a great relaxing holiday. How did you go with purchasing soft drink and water at the airport on arrival? If they did sell soft drink at the airport did they have a range of sizes available? Thank you. Jacqui

9. Re: Can we carry soft drinks in checkin luggage to Fiji

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2010, 05:16