We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Island?...Which Resort? Recommendation needed

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Which Island?...Which Resort? Recommendation needed

I'm doing research and not getting anywhere. I want to stay 3 nights in Fiji on my way to New Zealand for a tour. I'm traveling alone and I'm a 28 year old male. I need to get some sun and relaxation becasue I have been working very hard as of late. I will be travelling in mid-december. I am looking for a very nice resort and my budget is $150 to $200USD/night. I'm looking for a beautiful beach and surroundings.

Please let me know what you recommend.

Thank-you

Piero

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
548 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Island?...Which Resort? Recommendation needed

Have a look at Treasure, Beachcomber or Bounty Islands - one of those should suit your needs.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Island?...Which Resort? Recommendation needed

You mentioned beautiful beach- my suggestions are Mana island resort, Matamanoa and Castaway. You're there for 3 nights, the islands in the Mamanucas are not too far to get to. And as DoryBlue said, there's also Treasure etc. It's best to narrow down to a few resorts and read the reviews. Whichever you choose, you'll love Fiji. Good luck

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Island?...Which Resort? Recommendation needed

Agree with Blaze......if you are after beautiful beaches you can't beat Mana Island.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,822 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Island?...Which Resort? Recommendation needed

For what you want to spend I would go to Bounty. Beachcomber is a party island. Mana is too big for a single for a short time. Bounty is closer to the mainland and has several transfers a day to and from Denarau /Nadi also the beaches are lovely and the snorkelng really good. Depending on your arrival time you may be able to get out to the island on the same day, same when you leave to avoid a night in Nadi.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Island?...Which Resort? Recommendation needed

I will be arriving at 5:15 am on December 19th and depart on December 22nd at 8:45am. If I stay on an island will I have to stay a nigth in Nadi on the 21st? I've looked at all of the island that were recommended and they all look really nice.

I was also looking at the intercontinental. Looks like my type of place but it doesn't have the island feel. If leaving the island the morning of the 22nd is going to be a problem I think I will just choose the intercontinental. I guess I could take a day trip to see some of the islands.

Opinions?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Island?...Which Resort? Recommendation needed

If you were going to stay on the mainland, you would be better off staying at a resort in Denarau. This is where the marina is located that you will be leaving from if you do day trips. Try the Raddison or Westin. Denarau doen't have the nice beaches that the islands have, but you will be close enought to be able to do a couple of day trips.

If you do decide to stay on an island you will have to stay the night of the 21st in Nadi to be able to make your flight.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Island?...Which Resort? Recommendation needed

Hi, if you decide to stay in Denarau also read the reviews on Radisson, Sheraton and Sofitel. The Intercontinental sounds good too; it is about 1 hour drive away from the airport/denarau area. Natadola beach is quite nice, better than Denarau. And it's more isolated, if that's the right word, than staying in Denarau.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Island?...Which Resort? Recommendation needed

I've booked the Intercontinental Fiji. Thanks for all of your recommendations. I'll give you my report as soon as I return.

Piero

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Island?...Which Resort? Recommendation needed

Not sure, but isn't the Intercontinental about 1.5 hrs drive from Nadi airport???

If so, you will have a very early check out on 22/12.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Island?...Which Resort? Recommendation needed

Please tell me what you have decided to do and where to stay. I also am going Fiji Decmeber 19th for 4 nights. I am meeting my husband, who, like you, has been working long and hard for the last 4 months. We are older than you, but want the same thing...beautiful beaches and relaxation are a priority.