We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

village experience near warwick fiji

Australia
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Topic
village experience near warwick fiji

Hi guys,

Has anyone stayed at the Warwick and can give some insight into the nearby activites and approximately how much it cost FJ$?

\things we are interested in doing is visiting a village, waterfall walks etc. Any suggestions would be helpful, we're trying to budget how much cash to exchange before we go and the more we know about costs, like any necessary taxis etc would help us plan better. Thanks

Brisbane Qld
Level Contributor
212 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: village experience near warwick fiji

re village experience near warwick fiji

Danny's is about 15mins drive from the Warrick.

Find out more by looking at the website

www.fijihomestays.com

Brisbane Qld
Level Contributor
212 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: village experience near warwick fiji

forgot to add

this

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Brisbane
Level Contributor
437 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: village experience near warwick fiji

Hi KerrAustralia

There is a fantastic trip you can take which is only a short drive from the warwick resort, its a horseriding waterfall tour from a local village thats inland 4 kilometres from the Korolevu turn off,, 2 min drive from the warwick.

We found it our last trip.

Prices are $35 per adult and its cheaper for kids,,,not sure of prices...

That includes the $10 pp fee to the village to visit the waterfall and the horseride too and from the waterfall. The trip there and back is 30 mins or so each way going through the rainforest which is like going back in time as its so natural and untouched.....and you can swim and relax once at the waterfall... its truely stunning.

The fellow who does the horseriding can organise a lovo at the waterfall as well. That way you can relax and eat and swim some more before heading back to the village. From memory (dont quote me) I think its another $25 per adult and again, cheaper for kids.

We are doing the trip again in Jan... Love the idea of a lovo up at the watefall,,, You cant go to Fiji and not try a traditional lovo (earth oven cooked fijian food... chicken, fish, vegetables and fruit etc) they are out of this world.

The other things you can do is snorkling on the MPA (Marine Protected Area). I have a friend who lives there and I can get details of someone who can take you out.

Sigatoka Sand dunes is not far, ask your tour desk for costs etc

Tavuni Hill fort is nice also.

There is hot springs that you can visiit... not well known to tourists who visit as its not advertised that well but its a Fantastic spot for late afternoon... again,, PM me if you want a locals number who can arrange this for you.

How far do you guys want to travel,,, there is also pacific harbour...40 mins drive and Suva 1 hour or so,, maybe alittle longer

Have fun :-)

Brisbane
Level Contributor
437 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: village experience near warwick fiji

Forgot to mention.... I have been able to get the waterfall tour guys phone number from the resort.

I didnt book the horseriding tour and turned up and he was available but ring and make sure he is around first.

You definately have to book the lovo lunch at the waterfall.

His name is Boro (mobile) - +(679) 8344164

I have recently added a forum about it as I loved it so much...

So search it out for directions to the village etc

5. Re: village experience near warwick fiji

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2010, 05:18