We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mana or Matamanoa...which to pick for honeymoon?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Mana or Matamanoa...which to pick for honeymoon?

hi everyone...its down to mana or matamanoa for our honemoon in may 2010 (5 nights)...out of these 2 which is best for white sand beaches and things to do around the island?

from what ive read on the forums...

at mana...ocean front bure is the way to go

at matamanoa... beach front bure (sunrise side) is the way to go

what would you go for?

thanks in advance

ps. has anyone booked thru travelonline before...are they legit?

they look like they have pretty good deals

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mana or Matamanoa...which to pick for honeymoon?

I recently returned from Mana island and enjoyed time there. The beaches are lovely especially North Beach as its never crowded. However if you're looking for a smaller island resort to spend your honeymoon, I'd go for Matamanoa. Good luck whichever you decide

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
548 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mana or Matamanoa...which to pick for honeymoon?

Mana is wonderful but its bigger and more family friendly - great for a holiday but for a honeymoon I would opt for Matamanoa.

Edited: 01 December 2009, 03:43
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mana or Matamanoa...which to pick for honeymoon?

I agree with Blaze and DoryBlue.......Mana island is a fantastic place (and my personal fav!!!) but is family friendly. This means that everywhere you go there will be kids. If you don't mind this then I would highly recommend Mana but if you would like a more relaxed and peaceful honeymoon I would go for Matamanoa. :)

Melbourne
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mana or Matamanoa...which to pick for honeymoon?

thanks for all your replies everyone....

has anyone used "travelonline.com" for booking holidays?

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mana or Matamanoa...which to pick for honeymoon?

I haven't used travelonline.com but I think it's a reputable agency. I usually book on travelnow.com as it usually has good rates on accommodation in Nadi, Denarau, Coral Coast and some island resorts.

Leicester England
Level Contributor
205 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mana or Matamanoa...which to pick for honeymoon?

The wife and i used Travelonline for our Fiji trip last June for our accomodation and ferry to Matamanoa and had a great experience with them,they were cheaper than booking with the resort direct and their service was very good.

Hopefully we will repeating our trip either next year or the year after and would not hesitate to use them again.We just wished we lived a bit nearer like you Aussies as Fiji and it's people are just special.

Regards

Keith

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,752 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mana or Matamanoa...which to pick for honeymoon?

Have you read the amazing reviews for Matamanoa? It is a beautiful little romanatic island with lovely beaches, you can always find a private spot, incredible snorkeling and is small. Honeymoon heaven. Mana is for families

but not my idea of a honeymoon destination. Haven't heard of travelonline but have always booked Matamanoa direct through their website with no problems. I always book direct whenever I can seems to work out cheaper especially since the Fiji dollar has been devalued the travel brochures don't seemto reflect this 20% saving as most were published before the devaluation. Goto Matamanoa you won't be disappointed the bures are spacious and private.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mana or Matamanoa...which to pick for honeymoon?

Agree with everything you said about Matamanoa, Hooked on. We recently had the most wonderful holiday there, everything was just great, can`t fault it.

Would be perfect for a honeymoon, also amazing just for the most lovely relaxing holiday ever. Would recommend the beachfront bures, well worth the extra cost we thought, especially for a honeymoon, just fantastic. Lovely staff too.

All the best

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mana or Matamanoa...which to pick for honeymoon?

Back again,

I meant to say there are lots of free daily activities for those who wish to make use of them.

Have you checked out the Matamanoa website ? It`s very good, quite helpful.

10. Re: Mana or Matamanoa...which to pick for honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2010, 05:16