We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nadi to Suva

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nadi to Suva

I searched but could not seem to find the answer here on TA, sorry if it has been covered previously.

I need to get from Nadi airport to Suva town. What are my options and approximate costs?

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nadi to Suva

Have a look on page 2 where Dory Blue kindly posted a list of Taxi Fare costs ex Nadi airport, as well as some good advice on getting a taxi.

FJ$180 to Suva.

Edited: 19 January 2010, 06:06
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nadi to Suva

Yeah I saw that post but I can fly to Suva for less than that.

Is there a bus service or something cheaper?

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nadi to Suva

Oh sorry --- I'm sure there is a bus service, and hopefully one of our TA Experts will come in and give you the info you need.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nadi to Suva

I found this when I was looking for the same info:

"Fiji Express is the only air-conditioned express bus operating between Suva and Nadi Airport. Route: Nadi Airport Intl Arrivals Bus park - Nadi Airport Hotels - Fijian Resort - Sigatoka - Outrigger Resort - Tabua Sands - Hideaway - Naviti Resort - Warwick Resort - Beach House - Pacific Harbour - Suva (Raffles Tradewinds) - Suva (Holiday Inn). Timings: Buses leave Nadi Airport daily at 0730 & 1300. Buses depart Suva Holiday Inn daily at 0730 & 1600. Travel Time: To Suva ~4 hrs, Fijian Resort 90 mins, Warwick 2 hrs 30, Pacific Harbour 3 hrs 20. Cost: From Nadi Airport to Nadi Hotels FJD$6, Fijian Resort FJD 11, Outrigger FJD 12, Hideaway FJD 13, Naviti FJD 14, Warwick FJD 14, Pacific Harbour FJD 16 & Suva FJD 19. Contact: Tel 672 3105 (24 hrs). Book at any hotel tour desk or the UTC office (opposite car rental offices) at Nadi Airport. Note: The Fiji Express will not pick up from hotels unless confirmed bookings have been made"

Hope it helps, Rene

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nadi to Suva

Thanks Rene, that is very helpful and certainly a lot cheaper than the $180 for a taxi

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nadi to Suva

There are also "local" buses - not airconditioned and will stop a lot at every town/village along the way (but not at hotels), takes longer but much cheaper again if that is important.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Nadi to Suva

Just checked flight schedule and I am not likely to be out of airport until about 3pm, which looks like I would miss the A/C bus. Anyone know about the local buses and how to find their timetables?

Bishops Stortford...
Level Contributor
178 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nadi to Suva

Would you consider driving? It is very easy to follow the coast road & even break your journey overnight on the South coast? We loved the experience!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nadi to Suva

I have a timetable for Sunbeam buses, not sure if it is still current. They have a bus listed leaving Lautoka (which will go past the airport around 3.35pm) and getting to Suva 7.20pm

To check try info@sunbeamfiji.com (from experience they are not good at replying to emails!) or phone 6662822 (Lautoka office)

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Nadi to Suva

fijibird, I would have no problem driving but I am only there for a couple of days and don't really need a car.

TM, that sounds great. I will try and call Sunbeam