We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiji Wedding/vacation tips

Irvine
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Fiji Wedding/vacation tips

Hi everyone!! My Fiance' and just got engaged and we want to have our wedding in Fiji. Any tips?? When is the best time to go? We were thinking March of next year... is March a good time? What is the weather like? any recommendations? THANK YOU SOO MUCH!

Port Macquarie
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiji Wedding/vacation tips

I would be careful of march as it's still the wet / cyclone season. We got married in july 2009 & the weather was perfect.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiji Wedding/vacation tips

Yes you are better off going around May/June/July for good weather. August and September are OK too but it starts to get a bit warmer. As Firstime47 said, March is the end of their wet season and can be quite hot and humid. Also is their cyclone season. So if you have a choice pick a different month.

Beerwalk :)

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,335 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiji Wedding/vacation tips

Some parts of Fiji get less rain than others. We have vacationed during March and April to the rainy side of Fiji. We had one day where it rained all day during our two week stay. Other than that there was the tropical downpour lasting about 1/2 hour in the afternoon or evening. It also rained at night which was a good time to rain. We also went in late December early January. Again, the weather was good. Tropical afternoon shower and one stormy night. Simple put there are no guarantees when it comes to weather. This year we are going late February and early March. Am keeping our fingers crossed our luck holds.

Congratulation on your engagement and upcoming wedding. You are in for the experience of a lifetime and could not have chosen a more romantic destination than Fji for you wedding.

Irvine
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiji Wedding/vacation tips

Thanks everyone!! Yea we wanted March 29th since it is our anniversarry.. We were thinking of Liku Liku or Turtle Islands. I hope the weather will be nice. This is for 2011. I dont want to push it out more next year.. I wanted early 2011. If would be nice if January was nice so we can do January 2011.

so hard to predict the weather :(

Chicago
Level Contributor
274 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fiji Wedding/vacation tips

We're also getting married in Fiji! The wedding is in July, so we are hoping for/expecting good weather. Have you checked out many resorts? We're spending half of our trip at LikuLiku, the other half at Royal Davui. Some of the other resorts we liked were Vatulele, Qamea, Namale, Matangi and Taveuni Palms. Good luck!

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fiji Wedding/vacation tips

Hi aeris78,

Likuliku is a lovely resort to be married at -- I've seen two weddings there and they were just beautiful.

At least if you really want to go in Jan / March, Likuliku is in the Mamanucas and you are likely to get less rain.

Any further questions about Likuliku - am happy to try and help.

Julie.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
489 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fiji Wedding/vacation tips

We were married at Qamea in October 2008. It was a beautiful, romantic place. All of the arrangements including legal documents were handled effortlessly, and perfectly. All we had to do was select a package off their website, and they did the rest!

Qamea is a small luxury resort located off Taveuni with 14 private beachfront bures. Besides offering an excellent beach for our wedding, which was very important for me, Qamea also has great snorkeling and scuba diving, plus they offer day trips to Taveuni for incredible waterfall tours.

Please feel free to private message me if you would like more information, or if you would like to see some pictures.

Congratulations!

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,335 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fiji Wedding/vacation tips

Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding. Matangi is a small, intimate, private resort. There are 14 bures with a choice of treehouse, which have a hot tub, oceanview, and beachfront. All are separated by lush vegitation for privacy. On our last vacation, we were invited to witness a wedding. It is was a very special and moving experience.

A number of tours are available and the snorkeling right off the beach is breathtaking. Lots of fish, giant clams, blue starfish, and soft, hard, and plate coral to see.

We have vacationed at Matangi in March and April. Send me your e-mail address in a private message, if you would like to see pictures of the wedding and our vacations.

auckland, nz
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fiji Wedding/vacation tips

If you still need a photographer I would recommend Meg Campbell-back here were our photos

www.facebook.com/album.php…

10. Re: Fiji Wedding/vacation tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2010, 08:16