We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

exploring FIJI getting around

seattle
2 posts
Save Topic
exploring FIJI getting around

Hi I will be traveling to Fiji arriving Nadi 25th Feb

trying to come up with a plan so far as exploring were to stay

how to get around, are there some kind of inner island boat

system for getting to and from the islands or a pass, if I wanted to

go to Taveuni how long would that take? I have 13 days and need

to figure out the first half of my stay and any suggestions for the 2nd half? what to see were to go? I am looking for reasonable accommodations not super high end or super cheap something

in between but nice I arrive 5am after a long journey so were should

I stay the first couple of nights any recommendations would be appreciated till I get familiar with the place. I then go to Sydney

Austrlia for 8 days any suggestions for there also??

any input is appreciated

yachtchefseattle

sydney
Level Contributor
252 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: exploring FIJI getting around

Just some idea on what you like to do. Are beaches a must? Near restaurants and are you travelling alone. A litle more info will help. Would you be intersted in a village stay.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
437 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: exploring FIJI getting around

What are you plans so far?

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,335 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: exploring FIJI getting around

The quickest and easiest way to get to Taveuni is to fly from Nadi to Tavueni on Pacifc Sun. The flight is approximately 1 1/2 hours. Most tours are booked through the resort you are staying at. If you know what you want to see, it might be possible to book a tour with a cab driver when you land in Taveuni. As for price, that would have to be negotioated with the driver. Just don't know, if that would allow you enough time to catch a flight back to the mainland without spending the night. You can also take a ferry, but will have go to Suva. It will take longer and am not sure about the accommodations or how long it takes.

You can base your stay at resorts on Denarua, Nadi, or the Coral Coast. The resorts can schedule tours to the islands and other sights. You also have the option of renting a car or taking a cab to sightsee on your own.

Personally, would not go to Fiji without booking a resort. Leaving the 23rd does not give you much time to do your research before deciding on a resort to make sure you get the best price, has what you want in a resort, and has availabilty. Fiji is not like vacationing in the states where you drive till you are tired and decide to stop at hotel for the night. Maybe some have done this, but we are not that adventuresome. Some resorts are very popular and are booked months in advance. There can also be a distance of an hour or two between resorts on the mainland.

As others have said, would help to know your budget and what you want in a resort.

4. Re: exploring FIJI getting around

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2010, 07:18