We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

will i have enough time to....?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
will i have enough time to....?

hi there, we arrive at nadi airport at 6am.... will we have enough time to get on the 9am transfer (to mana island) at denarau marina or should we play it safe and book the 12.15pm instead. I emailed south seas cruises who replied that I had to be at Raffles Gateway Hotel by 7.50am to be picked up for the 9am transfer. Oh and how far is this hotel from the airport?

Thanks in advance

sydney
Level Contributor
439 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: will i have enough time to....?

Why don't you look at flights from the airport?

Ones I was looking at were cheaper than than the boat transfers

http://www.pacificsun.com.fj/

Denarau Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: will i have enough time to....?

Good Morning John,

If your flight arrives at Nadi Airport at 6am, you should have enough time to get the 9am transfer to Mana.

the hotel is about 40min away from the Marina but at the time you get picked up, it can be busy on the road, also the bus will stop at several hotels along the way so 7.50am is the latest you should be picked up.

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: will i have enough time to....?

I would fly,not only is it cheaper but it is only 12 minutes by plane. The flight leave from domestic terminal at Nadi airport. Perhaps you could fly there and return by boat so you can see some islands on the way back?

You can book online at

http://www.pacificsun.com.fj/

Keep in mind that the prices on the website are in Fijian dollars.

Regards Tracy

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: will i have enough time to....?

If you did decide to go with the boat - you asked how far Raffles was from the airport? - it's just across the road - a 5 minute walk down the airport driveway.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
426 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: will i have enough time to....?

Hi JohnZA

You wil have enough time - as stated Raffles is across the road from the airport. We normally fly in from Melbourne then go across to Raffles and have breakfast before catching the transfer. The marina is only approx. 40min away. When are you going to Mana? Have a good trip. Jacqui

Melbourne
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: will i have enough time to....?

thank you everyone for all your replies.... greatly appreciated :)

i hate little planes so will probably stick with the boat transfer then again its only a 12minute flight. maybe fly to mana then do the boat transfer back to denarau marina as our 2nd part of the honeymoon we're staying at the hilton.

oh and we'll be at mana from the 5th of may onwards :)

how is the weather in may (in particualr the humdity?)

also what travel insurance is recommended to use?

thanks in advance :)

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: will i have enough time to....?

Hi

We will be at Mana from 9th May.Weather is great. Shop around for travel insurance.Last time we used travel insurance direct and they were very competitive. Enjoy your holiday,we may run into you at Mana.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: will i have enough time to....?

You will have plenty of time to catch the boat from Denarau. I too would take the flight out the view of the reefs from the plane is fantastic you can have breakfast at the airport or as mentioned at Raffles Hotel across th road. I would try to check my baggage in if possible to save taking it to Raffles with you. The plane its quite safe but if you really want to go by boat get a taxi to Port Denarau and have breakfast at one of the cafes there.

You will be out of the airport in 1/2 hour the taxi to Denarau is about 20mins so you have heaps of time.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
437 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: will i have enough time to....?

Hi there

I travel internationally alot and I can say the trick to getting out first is checking in last.

This way your bags come out first.... everytime this works for me so if you are concerned about time, when you get to the airport, go and eat and relax till 1 hour before departure, check your stuff in and make you way through immigration etc.

My bags are always one of the first through at arrivals.

Fiji is quick and painless and you will have lots of time anyway :-)

Airport to Denarau is around 20mins.

Enjoy :-)

10. Re: will i have enough time to....?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2010, 05:17