We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An extra night at Radisson Denarau or Castaway

Barossa Valley
Level Contributor
16 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
An extra night at Radisson Denarau or Castaway

We have 6 nights in Fiji at the start of May. Originally this was only 5 nights, so I'd booked the first 2 at the Radisson in Denarau, the next 2 at Castaway and then the last night back on the mainland at the Sofitel Denarau before our flight out the next day, before we move onto New Zealand for 2 weeks......... But our flight to Fiji has been bought forward a day so we have an extra night in Fiji. I am trying to decide whether I add the extra night onto the Radisson Denarau or Castaway. It will be approx $300 for the extra night at the Radisson, or approx $700 for the extra night at Castaway. I'm wondering where it's worth the extra $400 to stay at Castaway? We haven't been to Fiji before. We love water, beaches, nice pools, relaxing, but still having things to do if we want, LOVE snorkelling, nice places to eat, shopping etc.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: An extra night at Radisson Denarau or Castaway

We have not stayed at the Radisson or Castaway. That said, we spent three days at the Westin after a week at Matangi. It was about two days too long. The shops at Denarau can be pricey. I did some shopping, then after clearing customs at the airport in Nadi, found I could have bought some of the same things cheaper. Meals and drinks are also pricey.

If you LOVE snorkeling off white sand beaches with crystal blue water, would recommend Castaway. The beach at Denerau is dark and more like pebbles than sand. The water is murky and there is no snorkeling. You can, however, take tours out to the islands.

Whether or not Castaway is worth the extra money, depends on your budget and what you want most in a resort.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,107 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: An extra night at Radisson Denarau or Castaway

You will wish you spent your whole holiday at Castaway so take the extra night there.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: An extra night at Radisson Denarau or Castaway

Agree with Hooked, you will wish you had longer at Castaway Would rather spend an extra night there than in Denarau.

Beerwalk :)

sydney
Level Contributor
252 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: An extra night at Radisson Denarau or Castaway

Take the extra night on Castaway. Have not stayed there but have visited. The extra money will be worth it.

mar
Central Coast Sydney
Level Contributor
179 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: An extra night at Radisson Denarau or Castaway

thats too funny - we r doing 2 nights at Radisson and then we were going to do 6 at Castaway - just xtended Castaway so we are there now for 8 nights - i would say castaway - a frend of mine was there last week and met someone who was staying there for three weeks... now thats a bit too much for me - but my friend said Castaway is like heaven!!

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: An extra night at Radisson Denarau or Castaway

Am I reading this right that Castaway is costing $700 / night ????

How many people are staying??

Barossa Valley
Level Contributor
16 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: An extra night at Radisson Denarau or Castaway

2 adults. Our travel agent quoted us $600 to add on the extra night, that includes the full meal and drinks package. Plus then we have to pay $100 to change our other booking at the Radisson.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: An extra night at Radisson Denarau or Castaway

Seems really expensive to me -- maybe ask the price of Castaway without the full meals and drink package and see what that costs....

You could also contact the resort yourself and check the accomodation price.

Take some duty free to have in your bure, that will also save some $$$

Edited to ask === what currency was your quote in ??

Edited: 08 April 2010, 12:49
mar
Central Coast Sydney
Level Contributor
179 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: An extra night at Radisson Denarau or Castaway

i did not know there was a DRINKS package at Castaway?? - i thought only meal plan?? - how much is the package without the hotel! - r you staying beachfront bure?

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: An extra night at Radisson Denarau or Castaway

I didn't think the package included drinks either, but as for the price, if thats a beach front bure quoted and with meals it's close to the $700 mark. Island bure's are a lot cheaper and they all have the same layout inside but just not right on the beach.

Julie, when I last enquired directly with Castaway they prefered us to book through an agent as you could get more specials that way.

ps, I'd go the extra night on Castaway, I think it's worth it.....

Rene