We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from Denarau to Pacific Harbour

Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
travel from Denarau to Pacific Harbour

We will be travelling with two children from Denarau to Pacific harbour. What is the best/ cheapest/ safest form of transport available and is it safe to travel inland across the island?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
437 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel from Denarau to Pacific Harbour

Hello :-)

Cheapest - BUS

Not the most convenient if you have luggage and children but here goes.

Get a bus from Denarau (Westbus) and head into Nadi town.

Once in Nadi town head to the Market or ask a local where you can catch the EXPRESS bus to Suva. Once the bus arrives, put your luggage underneath and find a seat and wait till the attendant comes around and asks for your destination. You will go through Sigatoka and then will head off to Pacific Harbour. Ask the attendant to show you where Pacific Harbour is as its a small place and can be missed easily.

All up will cost you around 8.00 FJD per adult. Not sure about kids prices sorry

Best - Taxi or local driver. I will get the number of the driver I use as he only charges me $80 FJD to Mid Coral Coast so it would cost more to pacific Harbour but not sure how much. The local taxis will charge alot more.

Or you could hire a car? Its easy to drive around Fiji and if you hired a car from Avis etc then they may not charge you the one way drop off fee? You would have to check it out.

You could also get a Coral sun transfer? There is a website for them so email them and ask their price but it will be a slow trip as they stop at most resorts dropping tourists along the way but they have nice coaches.

Have fun :-)

Brisbane
Level Contributor
437 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel from Denarau to Pacific Harbour

Here is the number of the local driver I use when traveling from Nadi to Coral coast

(679) 9911744 - Mobile

Dont know his name but will get it next week when I am there but he does it for $80 FJD

So see how you go :-)

Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: travel from Denarau to Pacific Harbour

You're marvelous. Thank you.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
29 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel from Denarau to Pacific Harbour

wow. FJD $80 is cheap. what sort of car?

The std taxi price is $150. (dodgy looking cars)

i got a private company for $200. (new car)

Brisbane
Level Contributor
437 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel from Denarau to Pacific Harbour

Thats local prices and he always gives it to us.

I have told him that I will give out his number if he gives local prices to tourists and he agreed so everyone must keep us posted so no one gets ripped off.

The car is a typical car, not new but definately not dodgy.

He is a nice guy and speaks good english and the ride is always pleasent :-)

6. Re: travel from Denarau to Pacific Harbour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2010, 05:17