We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2nd trip - where to stay?? Family of 4

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
744 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
2nd trip - where to stay?? Family of 4

I am now starting to gather info on Fiji & looking at going earlyish next year. We have been to Coral Coast before (the Warwick) and hope to incorporate a cple of nights there either beginning or end of our trip if it works out to see the beautiful friendly staff there.

Would like an island experience this time with a spacious beachfront bure for 4. We love to snorkel, my 15 year old wants to dive, I would like a nice spa/massage etc. My 12 year old daughter would be happy with a lovely pool or 2 & some activities. My partner will do white water rafting etc again I'm sure!

Some suggestions would be appreciated. I am sure I will have many more questions...........Thanks :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2nd trip - where to stay?? Family of 4

Yes, you really need to go to an island to experience another side of Fiji. Beautiful white beaches, crystal clear water and fantastic snorkelling.

Have a look at Mana, my favourite resort in Fiji. Think it ticks all your boxes. You can get a Ocean View Bure that will sleep four, has two double beds. This are situated in a quiet part of the resort away from the main area, within a stones throw of the beach. You could also get interconecting so the kids could have their own rooms.

There is also the Ocean View Suites that are situated on the South Beach to consider, or the Island Bures. Ocean View Suites and on two levels. With the Island Bures you will need interconnecting as it would be too small in one with teenagers.

There are two pools for your daughter to choose from and snorkelling off both the North and South Beach is excellent. There is a dive operation at Mana so your son can learn to dive.

Hope this helps!

Nola:)

Auclkland
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 2nd trip - where to stay?? Family of 4

I agree that you should take a look at Mana! We are off for trip #3 in June. It is quite a big island which gives you lots of room to explore and numerous places to snorkel (don't miss snorkeling off Sunset beach!)

The accommodation ranges in price too which is always helpful if you are on a budget. I think you would have a great time here :)

Brisbane Qld
Level Contributor
212 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2nd trip - where to stay?? Family of 4

when on the Coral Coast consider staying in a real Fijian Village. You have said "...or end of our trip if it works out to see the beautiful friendly staff there."

so you know how the people of Fiji are...you and your kids will have the time your your lives staying at Danny's

see pictures from previous guests at this link

fijihomestays.com/fiji_homestays_photos.htm

and reviews from past guest at this link

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1552721-d15506…

I satyed there with my husband and 3 kids at it was an awesome experience

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
744 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2nd trip - where to stay?? Family of 4

Thanks Nola for your insightful info. Mana sounds beautiful but having just looked at the website we really need accom that has 2 single beds for the kids & it looks like they don't have such a thing? Or did I missread the info?

Kari-Kari-87 it must be good if you're off for number 3 trip - very lucky :)

Crafty thanks for that - I have read some info on Danny's & it would be an awesome experience too! Will check it out more.

Sure I will have lots more questions, these forums are fantastic.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2nd trip - where to stay?? Family of 4

Bed configurations for the Island Bures is 1 king or 2 singles with sofa bed. You could get two interconnecting rooms, one with a king bed and one with 2 singles.

The Ocean View Rooms or Ocean Front Suites only come with 2 double beds. But if you did the same as with the Island Bure and got interconnecting Ocean View, then you would have 2 doubles in each room.

Does this make sense??

Nola :)

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2nd trip - where to stay?? Family of 4

the ocean view bures are comfortable with lovely views

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
426 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2nd trip - where to stay?? Family of 4

Hi luv2travel2009 - check out Castaway Island. The bure has two single beds and a king size bed. Dive crew have a great dive boat and gear, you can do dive courses if your son isn't certified yet. The best part about Castaway is the food - have a look at Castaway Island on facebook as it is updating their menus and the food was fantastic when we stayed in March/April this year. You can have the massage and your daughter will enjoy the pool and activities on the island. Check out the Value Added Meal Bonus at F$199 per person for all meals throughout the entire stay is valid from 01 Nov 10 to 20 Dec 10 and 11 Jan 11 to 31 Mar 11. Jacqui

Edited: 08 May 2010, 04:52
8. Re: 2nd trip - where to stay?? Family of 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2010, 06:47