We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rydges Hideaway Resort ... which bure?

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rydges Hideaway Resort ... which bure?

In a few weeks (early June), I am traveling to Fiji for a two week getaway with my two daughters (19 and 21). We are staying on Denarau Island for the first week and plan on taking a couple of day trips to the islands. We are not sure whether we should stay on the Coral Coast or in Pacific Harbour for the 2nd week. So far, I am leaning towards Rydges Hideaway Resort on the Coral Coast. I've read lots of loyal and raving reviews, but my question now becomes ... ocean view bure or frangipani bure? A couple of posts have said the frangipani bure is larger and has a wonderful outdoor shower. So ... do I go for the view or the larger bure with an outdoor shower? I would love for someone with experience to please give me advice!

Port Macquarie
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rydges Hideaway Resort ... which bure?

When we were at Hideaway in July 09, we (2 adult & 2 kids) stayed in an ocean veiw bure. These were very nice, but the Frangapani units had been renovated & were slightly larger. The ocean veiws had a great veiw & you had plenty of room outside to lounge around.

My sister stayed in the Frangapani units, which are reasonably close together but not on top of each other. The only issue they had was late night revellers not considering others. This was only one night but it did prevent them from having a good nights sleep.

It depends on weather you intend on relaxing around the resort or are away alot of the time, on which bure you decide on. The ocean veiw are slightly dearer but we found the extra expense was worth it just for the veiw & extra room outside your unit.

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rydges Hideaway Resort ... which bure?

We loved the Frangipani Bures when we stayed in 2007. If we go again we would choose these or the Villas which are beach front and spacious and have a hammock on the verandah.I thought the oceanview bures were looking very tired.

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rydges Hideaway Resort ... which bure?

Thanks for your advice ... I've booked a week in a Frangipani bure at Rydges Hideaway Resort. We are excited to get to Fiji ... we'll be there in less than 2 weeks! I've read several reviews that talks about the resort offering room upgrades upon arrival. Does anyone know if these upgrades are offered free of charge or at least with a minimal up charge or if they are offered at the normal rate up charge? Once again, thank you for your advice.

4. Re: Rydges Hideaway Resort ... which bure?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2010, 05:16