We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Treasure island accommodation

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Treasure island accommodation

Bula, we're going to Treasure island resort in Sept and staying in an ocean view bure. Can anyone recommend particular bure numbers? Thanks

Christchurch
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Treasure island accommodation

Hi Blaze - we have been to Treasure Island a couple of times. My husband and I are both water babies - so love being located on the snorkelling side of the island - this side is sandy whereas the other side is a lot more rocky, however it is a little busier - the kayaks/catamarans head out from this side as well. We try and stay in bures numbered from 40-56. They're still relatively close to the restaurant, bar, pool etc. Treasure have a map on their website. Here is the link.

www.treasureisland-fiji.com/content/map.pdf

Have fun

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Treasure island accommodation

Hi, thanks for the info- sounds good

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
186 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Treasure island accommodation

We stayed in 61 (Beachfront bure). It was AWESOME. Sandy side, really close to the restaurant and pool but you couldn't hear anything from there. Perfect :)

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Treasure island accommodation

thanks- we've booked an ocean view bure so maybe 61 will be out? thanks again

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Treasure island accommodation

The beach side of the island is the best however i did like my last stay and i had number 9. It was close to the main area of the resort but quiet and slighlty secluded. But this side of the island does have a rocky outlook onto some of the beach. Was still wonderful! Also around 25 would be the better area of the beach as well.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Treasure island accommodation

thanks bluestreek- by the way, your dog is so cute!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Treasure island accommodation

Hi Blaze

Email them and find out which bures have been (or will be by August) refurbished. When I was there in January the only refurbished bures where the oceanview 37/38 opposite the chapel (5min walk to pool) and the new oceanfront bures 5 and 6 which are amazing but they will charge you more for 5 or 6. They were talking about refurbishing others so it may be worth asking the question.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Treasure island accommodation

thanks- will do that

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Treasure island accommodation

I contacted the resort- bures 37-44 have been renovated recently

10. Re: Treasure island accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2010, 05:16