We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latest Likuliku Review - thoughts? Rebuttals?

Chicago
Level Contributor
274 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Latest Likuliku Review - thoughts? Rebuttals?

I frequently read reviews on TA and I know that you have to read for trends and take some reviews with a grain of salt, but I know that many of you have stayed at Likuliku and I'd love to know your thoughts on the latest reviews. We leave for Fiji in less than 3 weeks for our wedding/honeymoon and I am ridiculously excited and anxious!

My biggest concerns: construction noise, smell of sewage. Have any of you had similar experiences?

BaySydney, I know you *love* this place. Any idea what this poster is talking about? Have you ever experienced this?

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latest Likuliku Review - thoughts? Rebuttals?

Hi lostinmadrid28,

Just read that awful review -- did you notice the poster has only JUST joined TA this week and it is their first and only post / review.........

Well, if there was powertool noise during their honeymoon, I presume it had to be done !!

I have never experienced any ants in any part of the resort during my 3 visits and if there were -- that is part of the tropics, but I could never imagine them to the extent they mentioned.

Found it quite funny that they said that the staff were constantly on the porch raking leaves and checking water temp !!! Ha Ha the porch is at the side of the bure at the front door, the plunge pool is at the back of the bure and the leaves are on the beach --- not on the porch !!!!!

We have stayed in No. 39 and always down that end of the resort and have never had any "smells" --- it is a lovely bure.. The whole resort is spotless and well maintained.

I can't believe they would say anything negative about the staff at LL. They are very well trained and very happy working at Likuliku -- we have seen the same staff over our visits still working there and they remember us - I look forward to my hug from Sala!! The manager, Steve, is always on hand --- you see him all the time, he eats in the restaurant every day and he has a wonderful relationship with everyone. I was there once during the Tsunami warning so everyone was together and so I did get to see how he handled his staff and guests first hand. Two of their original staff members have just got married there and their photos are posted on Facebook.

Honestly, don't worry --- I am sure you will love it as much as I do and I would disregard that review. Wish it was me going.......

Julie.

Edited: 10 June 2010, 00:00
Australia
Level Contributor
479 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Latest Likuliku Review - thoughts? Rebuttals?

I wouldnt worry. Granted we only saw Likuliku from a distance but it looked awesome. There are many negative reviews about Tokoriki where we stayed this year and we couldnt have loved it anymore than we did. I found out that most of the things people were upset about didnt even bother me. Like geckos - they were a bit freaky but we were on an island. Enjoy!

3. Re: Latest Likuliku Review - thoughts? Rebuttals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2010, 05:17