We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking alcohol from Australia to Fiji in checked luggage

Melbourne
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Taking alcohol from Australia to Fiji in checked luggage

Hi there,

I'm flying out of Australia to Nadi with Air Pacific on Sunday. I was planning to pack a couple of bottles of wine in my checked luggage.

As far as I'm aware, it is ok to do this as long as the quantity/alcohol content does not exceed Australian or Fijian customs allowances.

However, my partner is insisting that it is not ok to pack alcohol into checked luggage. I've found a few webpages that suggest it'll be fine, but am still looking for peace of mind - don't want them taken off me at the airport! Has anyone flown Australia -Fiji with alcohol in their checked luggage before? Was it ok?

Thanks very much :)

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking alcohol from Australia to Fiji in checked luggage

You are right -- as long as you don't exceed your limit, you'll be fine.

Hope you have a great holiday.

sydney
Level Contributor
252 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking alcohol from Australia to Fiji in checked luggage

Its is fine as long as you dont go over the allowance.

I did this in May and had no problems. They just asked if they were wine and not spirits when xrayed. I wrapped mine up and put them in a plastic bag just in case of an accident so my clothes did not get wet.

There was not a problem at all.

Have a great holiday.

Sydney
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking alcohol from Australia to Fiji in checked luggage

My hubby and I take 6 bottles in each bag when we go that is the limit each. We just dont buy anything duty free. Never have had a problem in 5 years.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking alcohol from Australia to Fiji in checked luggage

thank you so much everybody, I really appreciate your replies! Looking forward to enjoying a delicious glass of wine on mana island on Monday evening... Can't wait! Will post review on return :)

Thanks again!

5. Re: Taking alcohol from Australia to Fiji in checked luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2011, 06:16