We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon 2011 - which island?

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon 2011 - which island?

Hi,

We are planning to travel from the UK to fiji for our honeymoon in July 2011.

Can you please recommend the best island for couples? I have heard that turtle island is meant to be extremely beautiful but i'm unsure why it doesn't seem to be listed on many tour operator websites.

We don't really have a budget in mind as we don't know the cost of staying at any of the islands so please can you suggest typical prices from experience.

Somewhere with vegetarian food would be nice. We have seen pictures of horse-riding at sunrise and private beach picnics. This really appeals to us but we don't know which island would offer this.

Thank you!

Edited: 09 July 2010, 22:08
Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,424 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon 2011 - which island?

Have a look at the previous posting "Need Advice on Honeymoon." It will save us from sugesting the same resorts. There are several links to resorts in the islands that cater to couples. Deciding on a resort depends on your budget and "must haves" in a resort. Most resorts offer vegetarian menus and private beach picnics. Matangi and Viwa offer these things, but not horseback riding.

To chose the resort that is right for you, it is important you do your research. Check out as many websites as you can. Read the reviews for any resorts you are interested in, and contact posters with any questions you may have. Keep in mind, it is impossible to please all the people all the time. You will find most negative reviews for a resort are by first time posters, who did not do their research.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 09 July 2010, 23:24
BC, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon 2011 - which island?

Hi, check out Taveuni Palms! We haven't been yet but just booked our wedding/honeymoon for Noember 2010. Can't wait!!!

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon 2011 - which island?

Have a look at Likuliku Lagoon Resort in the Mamanuca islands (easy transfer from Nadi), the resort only opened in April 2007 and has the only overwater bures in Fiji -- other bures have private plunge pools and huge day beds. I've been there three times - it is really beautiful.

Their food is fantastic and they definitely cater for vegetarians.

The resort is adults only with no day trippers allowed. They do the private island picnic, but not horseriding.

Hope this helps with your planning.

Julie

Brisbane Qld
Level Contributor
212 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon 2011 - which island?

I would consider

http://www.royaldavui.com/index.html

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
549 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon 2011 - which island?

There are heaps of gorgeous honeymoon islands. Vey few however offer horseriding. All most all of the upmarket ones will offer quality vegetarian options and private picnics.

If you can drill down to more detail you'll get some better recommendations e.g.

Do you want white sand beaches? How important is coral, fish life, snorkeling and or diving?

Personally I think Royal Davuii, Vatulele and Liku liku would all be absolutely lovely but are definately priced at the higher end of the market.

Chicago
Level Contributor
274 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon 2011 - which island?

Yes, I would DEFINITELY recommend Royal Davui - it is pure paradise! My husband and I are at Likuliku as we speak and are very disappointed following our fantastic week's stay at Royal Davui. If you are looking for a gorgeous private island with a great mix of activity and relaxation, amazing snorkeling and the best service you can get, you won't be disappointed.

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon 2011 - which island?

Hi All,

Thanks for your responses. Taveuni Palms, Royal Davuii, Vatulele and Liku liku all look beautiful. This has definatley helped me ... well to realise that these islands are way out of budget £400 per night range per person :-(

Can anybody recommend somewhere around the £200 per night range?

Thank you!

Brisbane Qld
Level Contributor
212 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon 2011 - which island?

For a honeymoon my suggestion would be

Royal Davui in the Beqa Lagoon

http://www.royaldavui.com/index.html

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon 2011 - which island?

The smaller island resorts in the Mamanuca Islands within your budget are Lomani Island Resort, Tororiki Resort, Malolo Resort, Musket Cove Resort or Castaway. Some of these are adults only, or few children. Castaway Resort is a small family resort.

There are some beautiful small resorts in the Yasawas like Viwa Resort which are well worthwhile looking at.

Happy Planning

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,340 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon 2011 - which island?

While not for a honeymoon, we are also looking for a resport to combine with a Blue Lagoon Cruise. With so many to choose from this is becomming challenging. We are looking for great beaches, great snorkeling and great diving. I saw Mantangi Private Island and the reviews are excellent and the prices seem reasonable as it is all inclusive and their packages include the interisland flight, etc.

Does anybody have any first hand knowledge of this resort and the area that it is in??