We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip in august - one question...

Poland
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
trip in august - one question...

Hello,

I am from Poland ( someware in Europe ) ;-) Really far from South Pacific...

I would be more than happy to have some opinions from all of you regarding my question. Really appreciate your answer...

1) Is the August best month to visit Fiji ? What about the weather during this month ? Other good months to go there ? ( practically July or September is possible )

Best regards from Poland !

Fiji
Level Contributor
469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip in august - one question...

Dzien dobry! Here we say Bula : ) August is a good time to travel because it the days are sunny and warm and the nights are cool (you probably won't even need air-conditioning). Tourism wise, August is not as busy as July because it is out of school holiday season (July is school holiday season for Aus/NZ school kids)

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip in august - one question...

August or early part of September would be my pick. Our one trip in July we had lots of wind and it was the only time I have felt cold in Fiji (on the eastern side, west was not so bad). We now go every year in Sept/Oct.

NZ school holidays this year begin 24 September.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
347 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip in august - one question...

August/September is a lovely time of year in Fiji. Days are warm enough to go swimming and the nights are cool enough to sleep comfortably.

Aussie school holidays begin on September 18th and go until October 4th, so resorts will be pretty busy. We went last year outside of school holidays and it was still relatively busy with children, although that doesn't bother us as we travel with our own 3 children :D :D If you go in August there won't be as many families but there will still be some.

Travel safe and enjoy.

Kel <3

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip in august - one question...

Hello to Poland,

As it can be very hot and humid during the summer months, with rain and an occasional cyclone, I like the cooler months,(cooler for me, but probably warm for you) from May to August.

As I live in a sub-tropical city in Australia, guess I am used to the hot weather however as you are coming from Poland, I suggest July /August will be a good time for you, not so much of a climate shock.

I'm going back in just over a weeks time and will be staying on an island in the Mamanuca Islands group, on the western side of Fiji, so hopefully less wind in that location.

I believe August is a good month to choose, less children too, if that's what you want and better accommodation deals

Have a wonderful holiday.

Edited: 01 August 2010, 09:49
Poland
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: trip in august - one question...

Hello All,

Thank you very very much for all information. It is very helpful for me.

Best regards from Poland

6. Re: trip in august - one question...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2011, 07:30