We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May a good month for good temps???

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
May a good month for good temps???

I know, Im leaving this question very late, but............

We usually head to Fiji in March, but we are looking at booking fares for the beginning of May 2011. And to still be able to catch the virgin sales we need to book by tomorrow!

Typically I have been procrastinating over this all week ;) Silly I know...

My question is - do you think the temps are too cool in May (we are from QLD) or would temps be similar to those in Nov, as we have been then too and enjoyed them more?

Any answers greatly appreciated.

Cheers all.......

Maree

Edited: 05 September 2010, 05:30
Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May a good month for good temps???

I have been to Fiji late April, early May, to Denarau and then Malol Lailai Island. We had one night of torrential rain late April at Denarau, it had rained at the island but not when we were there. The weather was still quite hot and humid around 32c daily and around 25c at night. It was lovely weather not too hot like January.

But weather is always unpredicable, but the western side (Nadi side and islands) usually has less rain.

happy holiday.

Edited: 05 September 2010, 07:39
Coomera, Australia
Level Contributor
255 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: May a good month for good temps???

weatherzone.com.au/virginblue/forecast.jsp…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Denarau Island
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: May a good month for good temps???

We went at the end of May this year (to Denarau) & it was fabulous! I was a bit worried as I'd read trip reports from people saying it was a bit cool to swim, but it was wonderfully hot & humid every day. Not to say it'll be the same next year though.

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: May a good month for good temps???

thanks everyone, most appreciated!

5. Re: May a good month for good temps???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2011, 06:32