We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best resort for active family with teenagers

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
902 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Best resort for active family with teenagers

I am having a hard time trying to chose an island and resort in Fiji. We plan on spending 7-9 days in one place. We don't need kids' programs, babysitting, highchairs, etc. We would like to stay at a resort that offers lots of beautiful beaches for swimming, fantastic snorkeling, relaxation and other activities. We are also interested in overwater bungalows, but the only ones I can find in Fiji are for couples only. Any recommendations or help with an island or resort please?

Fiji
Level Contributor
469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best resort for active family with teenagers

I think you would really enjoy Musket Cove. They have semi-overwater villas called "Armstrong Island villas" (the villa is on an island with the patio over the water). The villas are quite spacious with two double bedrooms and a separate living area (I think they also have two ensuite bathrooms). The villas have a private pool (shared with the other 10 or so villas). The beach in front of the resort is quite tidal, but there are many excellent beaches on the island that you can go to for swimming and snorkelling. There is a full service Mandara spa plus 4 restaurants on the island, a small golf course, lots of activities. The teenagers will love hanging out at Plantation (very social atmosphere) and you can have a nice dinner at Lomani which is adults only.

The only "real" overwater bungalows in Fiji are at Liku liku lagoon, and to be honest they are small, expensive, and ideally only suited to honeymoon couples.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,979 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best resort for active family with teenagers

You won't find any other overwater bungalows but Castaway Island is a great resort for teens and parents alike it would be my first pick.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best resort for active family with teenagers

I tend to agree with Islanda on this one, there's free use of all the non motorised equipment at Musket Cove, and they can kayak around to Armstrong villas at any tide. The villas have pontoons to moor your boat if you want also, and they do have the ensuite bathrooms. The Trader store sells BBQ packs so you can have a BBQ dinner, either at the Villas or at the island bar, which welcomes families as well as yachties from all over the world.

They have sailing, snorkelling, and free trips to the sandbar about 10 mins away. There's other activites like bike riding around the island, and day trips on the many types of boats at the marina. There's 4 pools at the resort and timeshare near the villas, and the beach is better near the Malolo Lai Lai timeshare also. Many more to explore too.

If you look at the reviews there is some new pics of the villas on a recent one. The main lagoon is tidal, but there are other beaches which are good at low tide.

happy planning

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best resort for active family with teenagers

Here's the link to the review on Armstrong Villas and pics

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

5. Re: Best resort for active family with teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2011, 06:21